the 100% directionless thread

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Off work tonight :D What to do?

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
electricity went out three times while lifeguarding today.
amazing how kids thought it was cool to be in the pool without lights. But I was the joy killer and ran them out.
barrel of monkeys<_<
It was hard to keep them out, without being a out right drill sergent. -_-

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
Just finished watching Star Trek First Contact on SyFy... by far the best of all the Trek Movies, and the highpoint of Trek's 43+ year history (the mid-90's). B)

Oh... and it won't stop snowing here... I have spent too many days cold, wet, and tired... usually in white out conditions, with flood warning being issued, and winds that are collapsing roofs... :sad: But, I don't have to work tomarrow... :)

EmmaSlim09

Forum Lieutenant
Oh... and it won't stop snowing here... I have spent too many days cold, wet, and tired... usually in white out conditions, with flood warning being issued, and winds that are collapsing roofs... :sad: But, I don't have to work tomarrow... :)

It's going to be in the 70s tomorrow and Saturday. It'll get a tiny bit chilly next week. But only in the upper 50s. I would be completely useless if Texas actually had a 'real' winter. lol

CollegeBoy

Forum Lieutenant
It rained today, alot. One of two things will happen:

1. All of the rain and now melted snow will freeze tonight and itll be slick as :censored: tomorrow

2.It won't freeze tonight and I'll spend this weekend sandbagging (oh the joys)

I personally don't want either to happen, I just want to find the balls to ask a girl I have a thing for on a date. The hard part is not asking the girl out, its realizing shes a really good friend and I could possibly ruin that.

CarlW

Forum Ride Along
BBQ Pit Masters

All that cold weather talk reminded me of last night's BBQ Pit Masters, the new TLC show. They had to compete/BBQ in 40 degree weather, rain, and strong wind--messed with all the grills. They had to throw blankets on the grills, add more fuel, etc. Never grilled in bad weather (live in FL), so it was interesting to see how it was different.

Anyway, that show made me think--I should do that--not be a BBQ competitor, but be a judge. Eating all the ribs and shredded BBQ pork. How do I land that job?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Was gonna go to the range with friends... but it flooded with all the rain/slush we got last night :(

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
yosemite%20-%20012210%20snowfallpreview.jpg

Yosemite is CLOSED!!! 2-3 feet of snow overnight (plus the last 5 days of snow) in the valley (~4,000 feet) has resulted in 2 of the 3 entrances to the valley being shut down due to snow, ice, and fallen trees... It hasn't stopped snowing (not even for a minute) at my house in over 15 hours... just building up in my yard... add to that the last 5 days of rain, snow, and wind... I hate winter... <_<

emt_angel25

Forum Lieutenant
ugh.......im still hungover from last night. thinking im gonna stay in and watch ghost adventures and stuff my self further full of greasy food, soda, and water.

oh have i mentioned that i have 6 hickies that i have NO idea where they came from?!?!?!?!

do i consider this a good night?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
ugh.......im still hungover from last night. thinking im gonna stay in and watch ghost adventures and stuff my self further full of greasy food, soda, and water.

oh have i mentioned that i have 6 hickies that i have NO idea where they came from?!?!?!?!

do i consider this a good night?

Where did you wake up at?

emt_angel25

Forum Lieutenant

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
Seen in front of my station this morning; we ARE rural EMS...lol

emt_angel25

Forum Lieutenant