Anjel

Forum Angel
I quit.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Talk about headaches....I still feel so concussed haha

TB 3541

Forum Lieutenant
Yes. There is an infinite amount of decisions to be made at each moment in time, creating an infinite amount of probable outcomes. Therefore, we are all dead, yet alive, depending on which universe we exist in.

Look up quantam immortality.

Very interesting. Interesting, indeed.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Last decent concussion I had left me with a month long headache and color blind for 3 weeks.

I've had one serious concussion. On day one I was so dizzy I fell out of a chair and I was "fuzzy" for a month or so.

shiroun

Forum Lieutenant
You so got that off star trek don't lie.

Death used to be a paralyzing fear for me at night, after my car accident. My therapist (at the time) was kind of geeky, she suggested I look into quantam physics to understand stuff. I got pretty into it, that's about all I remember though.

Just set my alarm for 345am :/ why do I do this to myself.

Must be working in the morning. I wish i was :[

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
I've had one serious concussion. On day one I was so dizzy I fell out of a chair and I was "fuzzy" for a month or so.

Ya I fell over trying to take a piss the morning after. Standing up in the shower was a challange.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Just set my alarm for 345am :/ why do I do this to myself.

I'm asking myself the same thing. My team is on night float this week, which means the students are basically just doing scut work since the interns are only at the hospital at nights. I have to be at the hospital at 6am every day this week, and then pull night call on Friday. So Friday, I'm there from 6am till work is done, then 10 pm to 7 am, which is followed by 24 hr call on Monday.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Last decent concussion I had left me with a month long headache and color blind for 3 weeks.

Got hit in the back of the head with a hockey puck at work two years ago. Had the month long headache along with blurry vision. I also couldn't read and retain any information, almost failed my intro to psych class. I'd read and take very detailed notes, and then not remember taking the notes, much less what they were about.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Also just got an email about a base meeting this week. The bosses asked for feedback via email first and they got it from me. It'll be interesting to see if they even address it considering I've only been around for a year. It's all just operational and clinical stuff, but I'm not holding by breath.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
First call right out of the gate on my second day as a medic was a multisystems trauma that arrested on me on the way to the hospital...

Talk about feeling totally helpless.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
First call right out of the gate on my second day as a medic was a multisystems trauma that arrested on me on the way to the hospital...

We always judge ourselfs harder than anyone else. I'm sure you did the best you could. In fact I know you did the best you could. They happen in threes so be watching for em.

shiroun

Forum Lieutenant
We always judge ourselfs harder than anyone else. I'm sure you did the best you could. In fact I know you did the best you could. They happen in threes so be watching for em.

Except in billy mayes case. He threw one in for free.

Too soon?

Anyway, I agree with BBG. You did the best you could, it'll bother you, but try not to let it get to you too much.

Epi-do

I see dead people

I'm sure you did better than you feel you did! There's nothing like getting thrown to the wolves right out of the starting gate. I could tell you how crazy my first year as a medic was, but I won't bore you with it. Just look at it as a great learning experience that most new medics don't get that soon into being on their own. Each "big" run like that you get early on will just help to build your confidence that much quicker that all that information that was poured into you during school really did stick and you know how to sort through it and use what is applicable.

Anjel

Forum Angel

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member