the 100% directionless thread

CANDawg

Forum Asst. Chief
If I was an EMT or FF in Kansas city and recieved a call to that church, I can honestly say I'd be very nervous on going in. I know a ton of people have tried to burn the place down.

Is the scene safe? No, because if I enter that scene, the people there will definitely not be safe. <_<

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Today's activity.
769582fd-2286-7a4e.jpg

Feels a little weird to hop back on a truck after a six
Month hiatus. My crew has been awesome and let's me do more than just watch. Just returned from taking two nine year old boys with head injuries sustained during separate rugby tackles, not a call I'd ever get at home!

heatherabel3

Forum Lieutenant
WBC was planning a protest at two little boys funerals here in WA. It was amazing to see the number of soldiers, MC's, and the like that gathered almost immediately to counter protest. They never showed...

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Well....hoping for the best paid off.

I passed my written exam today.

Soon I will be a licensed WI EMT-B

Awesome congrats!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Good day today. ACLS Recert (yay extended for another 4 months past my old one lol), additional vent training from a local flight service's RRT, and lots of scenario cases to run. All paid training by the Evil Empire :)
Oh, and I finished apps for Montgomery County TX EMS, WilCo EMS, and a few other places.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I just stuck a patient six times, managed to get a 24 in the top of her left foot. That was an IV that I really needed… Rather than just starting one for the heck if it. :(

Not my proudest moment.

Last edited by a moderator:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I just stuck a patient six times, managed to get a 24 in the top of her left foot. That was an IV that I really needed… Rather than just starting one for the heck if it. :(

Not my proudest moment.

Yowsers. No EJ? It happens! The ones you really need are the toughest ones to get. I played paddy-cake with an IV yesterday and blew the one good vein we had if it makes you feel any better.

Epi-do

I see dead people

Not my proudest moment.

Been there, done that. It was me and another medic both working on getting some access. She had absolutely nothing in her arms, the EJ the other medic tried to hit blew, and a few other attempts were no good as well. I finally got a 24 on the top of her foot as well. It has been my first, and only, IV in the foot.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
My uncle just had a 6 vessel CABG, impressive? :wacko:

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
I managed to make a fire medic yell at me in front of the patient. That was a first.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I managed to make a fire medic yell at me in front of the patient. That was a first.

How'd you pull that one off?

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I made a Trooper Medic very sad when I told him his patient was going via ground and not by air.

His pout was priceless.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
HEMS in Delaware is provided by State Police Troopers that are also paramedics. Trooper Medics.

Ooh nice to know. LEO have nothing to do with EMS here.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
HEMS in Delaware is provided by State Police Troopers that are also paramedics. Trooper Medics.

That is a really interesting set up. I really thought about applying for a summer externship at the Shock Trauma Center but I would end up spending more on housing than I would make. The experience would be priceless tho.

Meursault

Organic Mechanic