the 100% directionless thread

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
First ambulance shift down here in months and I get a facility complaint for not stopping at admissions.

Whatever. Hadn't even cleared before they called it in.

Were you picking up or dropping off?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Do all drips work with the clock method?

Only if the concentrations are the same if I'm not mistaken.

Amio you shouldn't need it. It's either 100, 150 or 600 gtts depending on your drip set, and at that you shouldn't be using a 60 gtt set for amio unless you can accurately count 10 drops per second ;)

Dopamine I've never heard of a clock but there is a shortcut to get to 5 mcg/kg/min but it's better that you learn the math and get good at the math before you start using cheater ways.

Isn't medication math fun!

Anjel

Forum Angel
Only if the concentrations are the same if I'm not mistaken.

Amio you shouldn't need it. It's either 100, 150 or 600 gtts depending on your drip set, and at that you shouldn't be using a 60 gtt set for amio unless you can accurately count 10 drops per second ;)

Dopamine I've never heard of a clock but there is a shortcut to get to 5 mcg/kg/min but it's better that you learn the math and get good at the math before you start using cheater ways.

Isn't medication math fun!

I used it for Lidocaine.

I know a short cut for dopamine, but poetic said it was too difficult lol

You take the persons weight in kilograms. So say 60kg. Drop the 0. and minus 2 from the 6. You would give 4gtts a minute of dopamine to give 5mcg/kg/min or something like that lol

So I was just wondering what else. My teacher said you have to use a 60gtt set for every med?

EMSDude54343

Forum Lieutenant
I keep hoping for an RSI or maybe a good trauma. But then I get another crashing patient and I fail them, when will I realize that wishing for bad things to happen is not who I should be. I need a vacation.

The way I look at it, your not wishing for bad things to happen, just that when they do happen, that you are the one to be there to help them and to further your experience.

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief
*******Spoiler alert******
Do not look if you cant do real dopamine math yet!!

Pt wt in #, drop last digit, -1 = 5mcg/kg/min
#150 , 15, 14 gtts

Double results for 10mcg/kg/min. Dop math in your head in 1 second

Last edited by a moderator:

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
first ambulance shift down here in months and i get a facility complaint for not stopping at admissions.

Whatever. Hadn't even cleared before they called it in.

mst?

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Nah. NEB. I don't dare walk past mst's admit folks.

Ah. They can suck it. Yeah, MST would be chasing you down the hallway with a club :p

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
Nothing better than having people you have lost all respect for on their knees, begging you for help because they finally realize that they were idiots for failing to realize how much they were benefiting from your skills...

SUCKS TO BE YA... BIOTCHS!!! :rofl:

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Nothing better than having people you have lost all respect for on their knees, begging you for help because they finally realize that they were idiots for failing to realize how much they were benefiting from your skills...

SUCKS TO BE YA... BIOTCHS!!! :rofl:

Did you really have to put the spot light on me like that?

Not cool man.... Not cool :p

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Went CODE 3 (red lights and sirens) for my first time ever today... twice. :D It's been about 8-9 months since I started, and it finally happened. Wooh!

Sasha

Forum Chief
LOL, first time code 3 driving. Didn't kill anyone or leave your partner with gray hair, right? ;)

I leave my partner with grey hair driving to our posting area ;)

Anjel

Forum Angel
Going to the Tigers vs the.Rays game.

Sorry Chimpie.

But LETS GO TIGERS!

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Just posted some IFT truck pics in the Post Crawl thread. If you work for an IFT in Houston Texas go see if I took a picture of you taking a nap in a parking lot. There may even be a pretty girl in some of the photos :)

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Just posted some IFT truck pics in the Post Crawl thread. If you work for an IFT in Houston Texas go see if I took a picture of you taking a nap in a parking lot. There may even be a pretty girl in some of the photos :)

I read that as "pub crawl" and was super excited...