the 100% directionless thread

enjoynz

Lady Enjoynz
I'm sure you've already been to the theater by now, but I took my son to see this, and we both really liked it.

What did you end up seeing?

Yes we did go to see War Horse...I thought it was a great movie.
Mr Spielberg lives up to his usual standard of movies!

Thanks also to JPINFV for the link.:D

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
[YOUTUBE]l_4KOUKY-tA[/YOUTUBE]

Just for you, JP

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Got the old study group back together for a birthday bonfire. It was really cool to catch up with them again.

cynikalkat

Forum Lieutenant
snow!

we finally got snow here in Cape Cod. Now i get to experience driving an old box truck in it! Im not complaining though, we could get feet of snow like some places. Its been such an odd winter...

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
My dog got her A@@ handed to her last night in a dust up with a neighbors dog. She'll be fine but she has the split ear, hole in nose the whole nine yards. Apparently she's not as scrappy as she used to be.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
My dog got her A@@ handed to her last night in a dust up with a neighbors dog. She'll be fine but she has the split ear, hole in nose the whole nine yards. Apparently she's not as scrappy as she used to be.

Rufus took off after something last night, we're still unsure of what he was after. It was either a cat or a rabbit. I'm thinking it was a cat because it wasn't hopping. Anyway, Rufus covered about 100 feet in about two seconds. That's about 35 mph. His street cred just went up a few notches.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
SNOW!!!! :D it's only a dusting though, I miss Central Oregon :(

Sasha

Forum Chief
I think there is a tumor in my brain by my ear.

Or I have an ear infection.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Rufus took off after something last night, we're still unsure of what he was after. It was either a cat or a rabbit. I'm thinking it was a cat because it wasn't hopping. Anyway, Rufus covered about 100 feet in about two seconds. That's about 35 mph. His street cred just went up a few notches.

Much like people all it takes is the right kind of motivation to get them moving.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Well I have 2 weeks to find a new job, or quit medic school.

This month has included:

• My dad in the hospital with a broken ankle, then a DVT, then a lesion on his lung, and now possibly lung cancer.
  • Me thinking I may loose my job during layoffs.
  • Me keeping my job.
  • Me loosing my shift because my higher senority partner wanting it, so now I can't have time off for school.
  • My lease being up in 2 weeks and trying to find a place to live.
I want a do over. Or just to get into bed, cry, and never get up.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
6 calls with transports in under 3 hours and 30 mins. This is going to be a long shift

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
First day back from vacation. Get to the station, get all unpacked, then get a phone call from a chief, "We need you to go to 32s today instead, they need a paramedic." .... 32s is by far the busiest in the department Going to be a long shift...

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
How sad is my life that at the age of 29 I am back to thinking about the next Sociology Exam...

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
6 calls with transports in under 3 hours and 30 mins. This is going to be a long shift

I'm jealous, I'm bored out of my mind and I still have 8 hours left

medic417

The Truth Provider
How sad is my life that at the age of 29 I am back to thinking about the next Sociology Exam...

How sad is it at my age that I'm wondering where I left the Geritol bottle?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
That awkward moment when you get written up by a supervisor for transporting a patient on a BLS rig with their IV still flowing during an IFT. That more awkward moment when you show the supervisor your protocols and then he rips up the write up he did on you.

JPINFV

Gadfly
I thought awkward was being a new EMT (both to the state and company), getting into a fight with the owner and another EMT who's an instructor about whether a protocol is a standing order or medical control order, and then pulling the protocol up online and showing both that ASA for chest pain, as an example, is a standing order and not an online order.

Rettsani

Forum Captain
Yesterday I was on a evening Shift at a Event.... and do not get the smell of alcohol from the nose...
I doesn't like drunk Party People.....:huh:

Sasha

Forum Chief
What is it with patients wanting to fall on my shift! Aaaarggghhhhhhhhhh

medic417

The Truth Provider