Thank you, Ryan F (an EMT-B from chicago-area)

Lady_EMT

Forum Lieutenant
The way it all went down, my partner wrestled the gun from him, and as the thug was running away, my partner had his own loaded 357 magnum facing him. And I nearly came at him to hit him with the ambulance. HE was running for HIS life at the end.

"His" could easily refer to The OP's partner, or the culprit of the attack. It's hard to say without the OP clearing it up.

saskvolunteer

Forum Lieutenant
I call a large amount of grandiose bull:censored::censored::censored::censored:.

---
- Sent from my pencil and paper.

Flightorbust

Forum Lieutenant
The way it all went down, my partner wrestled the gun from him, and as the thug was running away, my partner had his own loaded 357 magnum facing him. And I nearly came at him to hit him with the ambulance. HE was running for HIS life at the end.

The partner had his own 357 ie personal

Last edited by a moderator:

dixie_flatline

Forum Captain
OP is almost definitely talking about her partner pointing the hood's gun at him. Confusing use of pronouns, sure, but it's pretty obvious that she's trying to communicate that her partner wrestled the bad guy's gun out of the bad guy's hand. The partner then pointed the bad guy's gun at the bad guy as the bad guy ran away and the OP tried to run the bad guy down with the ambulance(!?)...

Not commenting on the believability of the story, just trying to clear up the confusion around the narrative.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
OP is almost definitely talking about her partner pointing the hood's gun at him. Confusing use of pronouns, sure, but it's pretty obvious that she's trying to communicate that her partner wrestled the bad guy's gun out of the bad guy's hand. The partner then pointed the bad guy's gun at the bad guy as the bad guy ran away and the OP tried to run the bad guy down with the ambulance(!?)...

Not commenting on the believability of the story, just trying to clear up the confusion around the narrative.

That's how I understood it also.

OP
OP
T

TornWingedAngel1

Forum Crew Member
Firstly, OP is a guy, not a girl. Although I do sometimes get it with the
Angel" in the name. =P

Secondly, I was referring to my partner pointing the thug's weapon back at him. We were not carrying. The thug had his gun (the 357) to MY back, then my partner wrestled him to the ground and got the gun from his hand. When the thus was running away is when ym partner had the gun pointed at him.

It happened in Ingalwood. Dan Ryan and 71st. Not surprising. Which is also why it may not make the news. (Anyone from around the area knows how high the shootings are in that area are.

If people wish to not believe this story, then it's fine. I lived it and I know it. I was there first hand. I FELT the barrel of the gun to my back. If you wanna call me BS on it, go ahead.

The point of this thread was not to try to prove the story true or false. If anyone wants the full moment-by-moment story I will gladly post it, but no one has asked. But the point of this thread is to see if somehow Ryan would ever recieve my gratitude. There was no return address and no phone number on the letter (understandably, IMO). So if there was even just a slight chance my thanks could find him, this I saw as the only way.

::shrugs:

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
ornWingedAngel1, what service do you work for? I worked for MedEx for 5 years. I think we rarely ever got that far south and I was happier for it!

OP
OP
T

TornWingedAngel1

Forum Crew Member
Vandenberg.

Which is another reason it might never make the news. Who cares about the privates?

I've had a detective call me, but no news people.

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
I always thought the name 'Vandenberg' was really strange for an ambulance service, until I found out that it was originally a hearse service.

How long you been with them for?

OP
OP
T

TornWingedAngel1

Forum Crew Member
haha, yeah, I always thought so as well. And they just used their last name. They still have a few funeral homes, a lawyer service, and privatly own a few nursing homes, if I'm not mistaken. The vandenberg family are some rich people, haha. Plus the sister company Trace and partnered up with ATI...

But, yeah, I've been with them ever since I moved from the Detroit-area to the chicago area. About two years.

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
There are a lot of these 'sister companies' going on in the Chicago private EMS scene. When I was at MedEx we were 'sister companies' with ATI. We would sometimes help them with lift-assists and we had the same paperwork. They were owned by entirely separate people but also had almost completely different areas. Then there is this "Chicago Ambulance Association" thing which is a bunch of the privates banding together in some sort of quasi-union in order to get good insurance rates. That's what it said on the insurance info inside of every ambulance at MedEx.

Anyways, if they keep putting you in such an unsafe area then I might suggest jumping ship for another service that is a bit safer.

OP
OP
T

TornWingedAngel1

Forum Crew Member
If they did, I would. But, to be fair, they are treating me and my partner well. And fully compensating us for everything lost. So that's awesome of them.

And, also, we werne't HOLDING a bad area. We were on the drive home at the end of our shift, got a flat tire, and that's when it happened.

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
Gotchya. Next time you might want to drive on the flat (even if it's just a rim that's left) to a well-lit area. Crime of opportunity sucks. Happened to me last summer when I was changing the spark plugs on my car and got carjacked at gunpoint.

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
Daylight Sunday morning. Damn. Yeah, next time keep going until you can pull into a police department parking lot. That might not even be safe.

hippocratical

Forum Lieutenant
Holy crap America is a dangerous place to be!

Here in Canada all I have to fear is Moose Attack or being bitten by a hungry beaver

:rolleyes:

<the above is for humour purposes only. Please do not start a gun crime stat war>

hippocratical

Forum Lieutenant
... being bitten by a hungry beaver...
Just be aware that many of us down here could mistranslate your intent.

As an cunning linguist Englishman, I can assure you we never roughly insert words prematurely. We have a strong grasp of language and Juvenile double entendres would not go down well.

:p

Sandog

Forum Asst. Chief
Holy crap America is a dangerous place to be!

Here in Canada all I have to fear is Moose Attack or being bitten by a hungry beaver

:rolleyes:

<the above is for humour purposes only. Please do not start a gun crime stat war>

We just make crap like crime up to keep out the tourist :p