SURVEY: How many moving traffic violations have you received in your life?

mc250f

Forum Ride Along
I'm doing a project in my Stats class and could use your help.

If you could, give your gender and the total number of moving traffic violations (speeding, reckless driving, etc) you've received in your life.

Thanks!

silver

Forum Asst. Chief
I'm doing a project in my Stats class and could use your help.

If you could, give your gender and the total number of moving traffic violations (speeding, reckless driving, etc) you've received in your life.

Thanks!

Male and 0

Are you controlling for age? Or any other factors?

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Male. Two that I've been actually ticketed for.
Pulled over three or four more times with warnings.

OP
OP
M

mc250f

Forum Ride Along
Male and 0

Are you controlling for age? Or any other factors?

No I am not. The reason being is because I am basing my project off a claim which was about gender. Therefore, age, driving experience, and the amount one drives can't be taken into account for this survey. However, those are all factors which skew my data, which I must list when presenting the project.

The project is also along the lines of showing how biased and unrealistic certain surveys performed can be.

silver

Forum Asst. Chief
No I am not. The reason being is because I am basing my project off a claim which was about gender. Therefore, age, driving experience, and the amount one drives can't be taken into account for this survey. However, those are all factors which skew my data, which I must list when presenting the project.

The project is also along the lines of showing how biased and unrealistic certain surveys performed can be.

Okay. That just seems silly. So are you trying to reproduce the claim, or determine if it is "correct"?

OP
OP
M

mc250f

Forum Ride Along
Okay. That just seems silly. So are you trying to reproduce the claim, or determine if it is "correct"?

Both. I'm trying to determine if the claim they have is correct by recreating it through my own survey styles. For example, I'm getting a total of (100) data pieces, and I'm collecting them from various sources, one being here. My style of collecting this data is convenience and voluntary sampling. Both of which are biased and really can't fully represent a population.

This is an intro to Stats class, so its trying to show us the steps in conducting a survey as well as show us the areas we will come across with bias when collecting our data.

Last edited by a moderator:

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
There's only a handful of females that even post here (can think of maybe 4 regulars), so there's some skewed data for you...

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
Does it count if I got pulled over and not issued a ticket?

If it counts, then 3.

If not, 0.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Female 3

SSwain

Forum Captain
Male
42 yrs old

4 tickets

(2 at 18 yr old)
(1 at 22 yr old)
(1 at 26 yr old)

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Male, about six? (five speeding, one for toddler daughter taking off seatbelt and standing on back bench of van staring at CHP car behind us).

This is over 42 years.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Male, 2.