Spring Training is upon us, who's your team?

TatuICU

Forum Lieutenant
I'm personally an Astro's fan so most of my season will be spent tearfully looking at a single gold bullet right before I go to bed a la Mel Gibson in Lethal Weapon and trying to come up with a reason not to eat it. But for those of us who have a team who might actually, you know, not make its fans suicidal, who ya got and what do you expect this year?

firecoins

IFT Puppet
I am rooting for Eli Manning and th e NY Giants.
Yankees fan

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Go Rays!

Anjel

Forum Angel
Go get em Tigers.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I'm a glutton for punishment...

Seattle Mari'nots'

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I don't really watch soccer. It gets confusing with all the touchdowns and foul balls :p

tcd

Forum Probie
I'm personally an Astro's fan so most of my season will be spent tearfully looking at a single gold bullet right before I go to bed a la Mel Gibson in Lethal Weapon and trying to come up with a reason not to eat it. But for those of us who have a team who might actually, you know, not make its fans suicidal, who ya got and what do you expect this year?

I'm an Astro's fan as well and actually pretty excited about the upcoming season. Even the Astros couldn't do worse than they did last year (knock on wood)! But then again, it's Houston, and that's a recipe for heartbreak when it comes to professional sports.

Case in point - the 1993 NFL playoffs, Houston Oilers lead Buffalo by 32 points at halftime....and end up losing. Now THAT was a heartbreaker, and I never watched football again afterwards, so whenever the Astros are making me want to throw my beer at the TV, I just think about that and all's good again.

Now if they could only get rid of Carlos Lee....<_<

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Red Sox. Not a friggin clue what to expect after last years horror show. Less drinking in the clubhouse apparently?

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Braves fan here

OP
OP
TatuICU

TatuICU

Forum Lieutenant
I'm an Astro's fan as well and actually pretty excited about the upcoming season. Even the Astros couldn't do worse than they did last year (knock on wood)! But then again, it's Houston, and that's a recipe for heartbreak when it comes to professional sports.

Case in point - the 1993 NFL playoffs, Houston Oilers lead Buffalo by 32 points at halftime....and end up losing. Now THAT was a heartbreaker, and I never watched football again afterwards, so whenever the Astros are making me want to throw my beer at the TV, I just think about that and all's good again.

Now if they could only get rid of Carlos Lee....<_<

Beebe stepped out of bounds, should've been illegal touching on his reception for a TD. I still do not accept the 93' collapse against the Bills to be a loss.

OP
OP
TatuICU

TatuICU

Forum Lieutenant
Red Sox. Not a friggin clue what to expect after last years horror show. Less drinking in the clubhouse apparently?

LMAO! What's the fun in that?

JPINFV

Gadfly
cal96b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

NJN

The Young One
BoSox all the way!

JPINFV

Gadfly
We better do good, considering we're paying out the poo hole for Pujols. Unfortuantely, I smell another Mo Vaugn.

EMSDude54343

Forum Lieutenant
I'm a glutton for punishment...

Seattle Mari'nots'

Feel the same way!
Miss the days with Griffey JR, A Rod, Buhner, and Randy Johnson.
Those were the good days I grew up with!!

Being Down here in FL the only time i get to see them play is when they play the Rays..