should I become a paramedic?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Re-reading this makes me glad I'm moving to a place where I don't know anyone so I can not worry about having a social life when I start P-school again in Jan. :) 3 days a week, 6 hours a day... and a 75 mile one way commute to class. Should be fun :D

medic417

The Truth Provider
Re-reading this makes me glad I'm moving to a place where I don't know anyone so I can not worry about having a social life when I start P-school again in Jan. :) 3 days a week, 6 hours a day... and a 75 mile one way commute to class. Should be fun :D

Record key points onto a cd or mp3 and listen during those commutes. Make them work for you not against you. And at least you are covering that 75 miles in an hour while people in big city go 5 miles in an hour.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Record key points onto a cd or mp3 and listen during those commutes. Make them work for you not against you. And at least you are covering that 75 miles in an hour while people in big city go 5 miles in an hour.

That's the plan actually :) Between that and podcasts anyways. And yea. The 80mph speed limit helps a little too

medic417

The Truth Provider
That's the plan actually :) Between that and podcasts anyways. And yea. The 80mph speed limit helps a little too

Just don't forget that it drops to 70mph between Monahans and Odessa. They nail a bunch of people just past that sign.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Just don't forget that it drops to 70mph between Monahans and Odessa. They nail a bunch of people just past that sign.

Including me when I was headed to Odessa last week to talk to the school. Cop was cool and gave me a warning though :)

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
I used to have a 90 or so mile commute to work. Learned a hell of a lot listening to medical podcast. Don't limit yourself to just EMS stuff, having a deeper understanding of the material will generally help you pass the NR test.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I used to have a 90 or so mile commute to work. Learned a hell of a lot listening to medical podcast. Don't limit yourself to just EMS stuff, having a deeper understanding of the material will generally help you pass the NR test.

Oh I know :) I've got various nursing and medical podcasts on my list, plus the usual EMS ones (EMS Garage, GenMed, Educast, etc).

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Let's keep the thread on topic please.

clibb

Forum Captain
Some agencies will even sponsor you to go to Paramedic school. Our agency sends about 1-2 Basics to Paramedic school every year. They will either do 6 or 12 month. They get paid for housing and other wages, plus for Paramedic school.

DaniPhoenix

Forum Ride Along
I just started stripping on the weekends.

Actually I started that when I was in university. Now I do that a little and run my own clothing company = set my own hours.