seatbelt violation

Ewok Jerky

PA-C
just got my DMV history and it's clean except for a seatbelt violation. any ideas if this will be looked upon negatively by potential employers?

JPINFV

Gadfly
If that's your only violation, then you most likely don't have anything to worry about on that front. Most places have a point cut off and one seatbelt violation won't reach it.

medic417

The Truth Provider
How old are you? How long have you been driving? If just a few months this violation could hurt you as it could indicate carelessness. If driving for years and that is all probably nothing to worry about.

EMSLaw

Legal Beagle
If that's your only violation, then you most likely don't have anything to worry about on that front. Most places have a point cut off and one seatbelt violation won't reach it.

AFAIK, failure to wear a seatbelt is not a moving violation, and so there would be no points. But, who knows what crazy systems some states out there have. :)

OP
OP
Ewok Jerky

Ewok Jerky

PA-C
no points but failure to wear a seatbelt is a moving violation, at least here in CA. I've been driving for 8 years and this is my only violation so thank you everybody I'm not too worried about it now.

TraprMike

Forum Lieutenant
minor incident

I wouldn't worry about a sb ticket..
only time I look that close is if I have a couple applicants that are so close in job interview. I'll have to start to dig but even then, if there are alot of other areas i'm worried about than this..

employers look at the person at a whole..

mct601

RN/NRP
just got my DMV history and it's clean except for a seatbelt violation. any ideas if this will be looked upon negatively by potential employers?

Oh man, you're done. Give up any chances on getting a career, you felon.

:p

I kid.

terrible one

Always wandering
I got one of those also when I was 16, (fell asleep in the back seat of my buddies car and he got pulled over)
Everywhere I've applied they ask me about it but then end up saying it's no big deal

MusicMedic

Forum Captain
I just got a job, im in CA and i have a Speeding Ticket on my Record (1 point)

and it was about 3 years ago

so im sure ull be safe with a seatbelt ticket

MusicMedic

Forum Captain
*Double Post*

ugh i fail!!!!!!

MusicMedic

Forum Captain
Traffic school?

If not, why not fight it?

i couldnt go to traffic school because a few months prior to the that ticket, i had another ticket for speeding :blush:
and i can go to traffic school every 18 months, so i couldnt go to traffic school for that 2nd (1 point) ticket

and i tried fighting the second ticket but with no luck :(

lets just say i had a lead foot!

KillTank

Forum Lieutenant
After all the face plants into steering wheels and windshields I think I will never have to worry about a seat belt ticket.^_^

reidnez

Forum Crew Member
If a seatbelt ticket alone stops you from getting hired, then I'm totally screwed! :sad:.

I drove like a bit of a jackass when I was young, as many people unfortunately do. I had a total of 6 points from ages 16 to 20, but they were spaced out enough in time that my license was never suspended (but close enough that I was not eligible for traffic school a couple of times). Never any accidents, misdemeanors, impounds, DUI's or anything really serious--just lots of speeding. I was a dumb kid and I had a motorcycle, what can I say?

My last ticket was just over five years ago (and a pretty minor one at that, 65 in a 55 zone). I've been a good boy since. Unfortunately, all the agencies demand a DMV H6, which goes back 10 years, so I assume everything will be on there. *Hopefully* the fact that I've kept my nose clean for 5 years is evidence that I'm trustworthy. It's good enough for my insurance company, at least. I'd hate to see what I consider ancient history end up being the difference between hiring me vs. someone else, but I accept that it's a reality in a competitive job market. We'll see.

Last edited by a moderator:

oc_emt

Forum Probie
I have a question, I am 38 yrs old just getting into EMS field (career change), recently completed EMT program, passed NR and obtained oc-la certs. I have 2 seat belt tickets (1998 and 2002) and a No turn violation (1pt - 2006) with two accidents (2002 and in 2006). will this be a serious issue when applying? I have been driving 23 yrs. Feedback please?

oc_emt

Forum Probie
2006 - was my fault, I rear ended a gal on fwy, minor dmg no injuries. 2002- I was rear ended -Not my fault) ironic, huh.

JPINFV

Gadfly
It could very well cause problems since insurance might not cover people with an at fault accident. 1 point should be a problem though.

oc_emt

Forum Probie
so 1pt won't be a problem but the at fault accident in 2006 will.. If the DMV issues an ambo cert ( I got temp cert last week), would that help my cause. does dmv look at MVR before they issue temp and or perm ambo cert?

JPINFV

Gadfly
Nope. The problem is with the insurance companies that cover the ambulances. If the insurance company won't cover you, you won't be able to drive. However most companies will hire someone to only be an attendant.