seatbelt violation

oc_emt

Forum Probie
Thank you for the heads up and quick responses.

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
i couldnt go to traffic school because a few months prior to the that ticket, i had another ticket for speeding :blush:
and i can go to traffic school every 18 months, so i couldnt go to traffic school for that 2nd (1 point) ticket

and i tried fighting the second ticket but with no luck :(

lets just say i had a lead foot!

Next time you should do trial by written declaration. Basically you write a letter saying why you are not guilty, am officer says why he/she feels you're guilty and judge decide. If they find you guilty, you have another chances to go to court and do it all over again. Also, you can always plead guilty in court and ask to be sentenced to traffic school. Another thing to keep in mind is, while an officer gets paid to go to court, he/she do not get paid to do paperwork. There are a chances that officer will not reply to trial by written declration either because they are to busy, on vacation etc in which case you win.

Regarding seatbelt violation, if that is your only thing on record i would not worry at all. Good luck.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Also, you can always plead guilty in court and ask to be sentenced to traffic school.

Of course the thing with that is being sentenced to traffic school still shows up on your record and I've read that insurance companies may hold that against you since they know that you've got a point deducted for a prior infraction.

MusicMedic

Forum Captain
Next time you should do trial by written declaration. Basically you write a letter saying why you are not guilty, am officer says why he/she feels you're guilty and judge decide. If they find you guilty, you have another chances to go to court and do it all over again. Also, you can always plead guilty in court and ask to be sentenced to traffic school. Another thing to keep in mind is, while an officer gets paid to go to court, he/she do not get paid to do paperwork. There are a chances that officer will not reply to trial by written declration either because they are to busy, on vacation etc in which case you win.

Regarding seatbelt violation, if that is your only thing on record i would not worry at all. Good luck.

i actually did written by trial declaration for the second ticket and they still found me guilty, the officer still did the paperwork...
after that i didnt pursue it any further....
i guess CHP has alot of time to do their paperwork

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
i actually did written by trial declaration for the second ticket and they still found me guilty, the officer still did the paperwork...
after that i didnt pursue it any further....
i guess CHP has alot of time to do their paperwork

You should have went to court and ask judge to sentence you to traffic school.

MusicMedic

Forum Captain
yeah i wish i did that bad oh well...

OP
OP
Ewok Jerky

Ewok Jerky

PA-C
well my seatbelt violation was of no consequence. I got the job whoot! in the interview I told them about it and they asked (jokingly I think) if I learned my lesson.

150+ applicants for 20 spots.

MusicMedic

Forum Captain
well my seatbelt violation was of no consequence. I got the job whoot! in the interview I told them about it and they asked (jokingly I think) if I learned my lesson.

Congrats!!!!

KillTank

Forum Lieutenant

Awesome! Have fun out there! Remember to wear your seat belts in the box or hope your driver isn't a idiot. :p I got 2 broken ribs to back that one up.

looker

Forum Asst. Chief

Congratulation