premier 911 systems

TXmed

Forum Captain
hello all. ive been a paramedic for 4 years in a busy 911 system and im looking to move anywhere in the US. i was wondering if anybody knew of a "premier" or very respectable EMS systems around the country i could work for.

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief
What do you mean by premier? A grandiose scope of practice? Excellent pay and benefits?

OP
OP
TXmed

TXmed

Forum Captain
a well respected 911 system

BASICallyEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Premium Member
If you want "respect" aim for a FD position. -____-

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
There's plenty of quality single role EMS systems nationwide of you're willing to move. Plenty in Texas alone even.

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
That's pretty cool. You guys making a livable wage in Indianapolis?

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief
OP, Can you be more precise in what is more important to you? Scope , pay? Etc.

Here are a few, Williamson County, Harris County Emergency Corp, Cypress Creek Ems, A/tcems, Med star, Humboldt General Hospital, Wake County EMS, state of Delaware, King County. We can name some more if you'd like.

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief
hello all. ive been a paramedic for 4 years in a busy 911 system and im looking to move anywhere in the US. i was wondering if anybody knew of a "premier" or very respectable EMS systems around the country i could work for.

Since you are a paramedic and already in TX I would recommend checking out WilCo EMS. If you are looking for "big name" EMS systems all you really have to do is try and get on with a cities 3rd service.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Pecos EMS ;) some of the most aggressive and advanced scope in a frontier setting I've seen

But really, Texas gives you a lot of options. City of Beaumont, Williamson County, San Marcos/Hayes to name a few

Last edited by a moderator:

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Where can I find more information about Pecos? I have not found a thing online. How much experience do they want before you apply?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Where can I find more information about Pecos? I have not found a thing online. How much experience do they want before you apply?
Im a two year medic and they brought me on board. I'll see if we are hiring right now. Pm me questions you have and I'll get answers for you

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
If there was work for my wife there, I'd put it on my "I wanna go" list. Sounds like they trust the medics and let you just do your thing.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
I still gotta get through medic school first but it is on my list of places to work!

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief
Ya its badass but its Pecos lol

Kind of like my service. Its one of the best if not the best in California but its Central Cal lol

UnkiEMT

Forum Truck Monkey
Premium Member
Midlothian Fire in Texas has a very progressive medical director (At least when I was down that way for medic school), he is pushing the bounds of what EMS is and does. Last I heard they were rolling out ultrasound on the trucks.

AtlasFlyer

Forum Captain
That's pretty cool. You guys making a livable wage in Indianapolis?

New EMTs make $12/hr, and everyone is hired as an EMT, even if you have a Medic cert when hired. Once hired, you can put in to promote and get signed off as a working Medic pretty quickly. There were 3 or 4 medics in my new-hire academy, and they were all either finished with their medic promotion or in the FTO process by the time we were sworn & badged at our 6 month mark. I think the bottom of the medic pay scale is $15 or $15.50/hr and goes up yearly from there. The cost of living is cheap in Indy, and yes it is a livable wage.

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
Very cool. Thanks for the info.