Play by Play

OP
OP
MedicPrincess

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
So heres the damage for my place..

My A/C, which was replaced brand new 1 1/2 weeks ago, has been relocated.....to my front yard.

The back door window broke out. Then the back door was repositioned to my kitchen.

There is a power pole in my front yard, with power lines laying on the ground.

And finally....my fence will have to be replaced. Most of it is laying in various spots ont the ground. Whats not on the ground, is sticking out of my roof.

So, I had wanted to get out of that lease anyway....and now I have a reason to do it.....I guess thats the bright side.

OH and my son will get MRE's. <_<

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
So I take it that you were renting the house you were living in? If so, are you really able to get out of the lease this way?

Wanna move to Sarasota? LOL

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by EMTPrincess@Jul 11 2005, 02:09 PM
So heres the damage for my place..

My A/C, which was replaced brand new 1 1/2 weeks ago, has been relocated.....to my front yard.

The back door window broke out. Then the back door was repositioned to my kitchen.

There is a power pole in my front yard, with power lines laying on the ground.

And finally....my fence will have to be replaced. Most of it is laying in various spots ont the ground. Whats not on the ground, is sticking out of my roof.
Oh, and TPIWWOP

(this post is worthless without pics)

(meaning we want to see pics of damage)

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Naples is much nicer... ;)

Princess, good luck on all the crap you're going to have to put up with these next few weeks. I know it's going to be a big fat pain in the ***. I wish I could help out some way but alas, all I can do is harass you here.

vtemti

Forum Captain
So, if you are renting then most of what you have described is your landlords responsibility. How did you fair with your personal items?

Glad to hear though that you and your family are safe. Most everything else can be either repaired or replaced.

Dan

OP
OP
MedicPrincess

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
My stuff, from what I could tell in the short amount of time I had to look, seems ok. I took most of my really precious stuff out and put it in my car.

Yes, most of it...well all of it...will be my landlords so its not so bad for me. I will just bunk at my moms until I can get alternate living arrangements.

I will get pictures done as soon as I can get off work long enough to snap a few and develop them.

Well the ER is overflowing with people today...and ambulances are lining the street to get their turn to drop their patients...we have 9 out there!

Good Grief!!!

Back to work...

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Glad to hear you are ok.

I hope the ED quiets down soon.

Jon

OP
OP
MedicPrincess

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
I doubt that Jon...people who have never even touched a chainsaw are suddenly buying them and putting them into operation....people whose only exercise in their life was to walk from the couch to the beer cooler are now trying to cut down trees in their roofs and yards....

You guys no the deal...

Well in addition to the structural damage my sons Pet Rabbit died.

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
awww poor guy :(

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Originally posted by EMTPrincess@Jul 13 2005, 07:38 AM
Well in addition to the structural damage my sons Pet Rabbit died.
Awww, poor rabbit, and poor son. :(

vtemti

Forum Captain
Sorry to hear about the rabbit. How's your son taking it?

And yes I know the deal about the saws and to further complicate things, those trees are already down probably in a twisted up mess and most of them will be more hazardous to cut, even for the experienced.