people follow me and ask too much when I am wearing ems logo or writing on my clothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYBLS

Forum Lieutenant
Why not pick specific times when you would like to be on duty (lets call it working) and clock in (to make money) while wearing your EMT clothes (a uniform). After you are done you can change into non EMS clothes, clock out and go home and not care what happens at work.

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief
moterised wheel chairs

horriable

HA I JUST DIED A LITTLE.

Question, so you got the call when you were going home from the grocery store? Sooooo I will take a guess and say that was probably between the hours of 5 and 8pm. I would love to hear why you were on scene for 5+ hours for a traffic accident. I could understand if they were using you as a human traffic cone, but you had a patient. BS meter is going through the roof after reading what I just read.

If it is not BS then I would love to do a ride-along with you or read your reports. Holy crap.

Anjel

Forum Angel
A+ for creativity with the spelling of horrible lol

azbrewcrew

Forum Crew Member
I wear my full jumpsuit and traffic vest errrywhere so people know im an EMT. The vest is even equipped with Whelen LEDs on it for higher visibility. My truck has more lights than the Christmas tree at Rockefeller Plaza. No but seriously, you have your kid with you...you are UTR. Throw your job shirt in your jump bag. Dont be that whacker.

redundantbassist

Nefarious Dude
Get your act together. Every good volunteer carries one of these everytime they go to piggly wiggly, you know, just in case.

image.jpg

OP
OP
L

lorrainemichelle

Forum Ride Along
This was a horriable accident one fatality, one critical it was a crime scene. I was not in charge of the call. there was a lot going on., and it was a team effort. it was not my scene. I was in the ambulance as the only female emt on the scene. there was a senior emt there a man, but with the way the accident was and the girl in histerics. I was told to be in the ambulance just to make sure that the male emt was not put in a bad position later on. they were covering everything due to the severity of the call. troopers and state police as well as investagators were there. A team had come a few days later for some that were tramatised by the incident. unfortunatly being that it is all volunteer, you never know who will show up, when and if someone does will they need more help. typically if in in my town i go to the call, if i am out of the area I don't. If I am needed, I help. sometimes it is a lot of help some times not so much. but there are so much more fire men and support than emt. so I cant say someone else will be there because in all reality no is paid to go. our ambulance usually gets out, but sometimes it goes to a third dispatch. so If I hear something i make every effort to get there.

OnceAnEMT

Forum Asst. Chief
I was in the ambulance as the only female emt on the scene. there was a senior emt there a man, but with the way the accident was and the girl in histerics. I was told to be in the ambulance just to make sure that the male emt was not put in a bad position later on.

Was the male EMT naked?

I mean seriously. Its one thing to swap tech/driver for a 15 y/o on a heavy period so she can be more comfortable, but if your reason for being in the back is to babysit the male partner then there is another problem.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
@RefriedEMT Apologies, you're a Noam Chomskey compared to this.

OP
OP
L

lorrainemichelle

Forum Ride Along
no, my husband was already on his way down to get him. he heard the call when we heard the call. my son was on the phone with him before we got to the scene. he is 10, he was in the car for only a few min. traffic was stopped a mile or more in either direction. there were pleanty of people around that he knew. my husband sat with him in the car so he could watch the scene, he has been asking to go on a call for a wile. he was so excited to go, and everything was fine. not so good for the people involved in the accident.

azbrewcrew

Forum Crew Member
If there were plenty of people around why didnt you just go about your business and go home? Maybe I view it differently because I work in a busy urban system, and I dont live or breathe EMS anymore like I used to, but based on your posts I deduct that you are new to EMS. If there is one piece of advice I can give you, its dont make EMS your life. Your family is always your first priority. Believe me, Ive learned the hard way to cherish time with my son and realize that EMS is just my job, not my life.

OP
OP
L

lorrainemichelle

Forum Ride Along
Was the male EMT naked?

I mean seriously. Its one thing to swap tech/driver for a 15 y/o on a heavy period so she can be more comfortable, but if your reason for being in the back is to babysit the male partner then there is another problem.

they just wanted to protect the male emt, so the girl could not say anything. you never know what will happen when someone is put in a bad position (charged with a crime or think they will be). the man is a nice guy! he would never do anything inapropprate but this was a huge mess of a accident, and they were not chancing anything.

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief
This was a horriable accident one fatality, one critical it was a crime scene. I was not in charge of the call. there was a lot going on., and it was a team effort. it was not my scene. I was in the ambulance as the only female emt on the scene. there was a senior emt there a man, but with the way the accident was and the girl in histerics. I was told to be in the ambulance just to make sure that the male emt was not put in a bad position later on. they were covering everything due to the severity of the call. troopers and state police as well as investagators were there. A team had come a few days later for some that were tramatised by the incident. unfortunatly being that it is all volunteer, you never know who will show up, when and if someone does will they need more help. typically if in in my town i go to the call, if i am out of the area I don't. If I am needed, I help. sometimes it is a lot of help some times not so much. but there are so much more fire men and support than emt. so I cant say someone else will be there because in all reality no is paid to go. our ambulance usually gets out, but sometimes it goes to a third dispatch. so If I hear something i make every effort to get there.

You literally have a brain the size of a walnut. You keep saving lives out there champ.

squirrel15

Forum Captain
You literally have a brain the size of a walnut. You keep saving lives out there champ.

Haha so I read this without reading what you quoted first, and thought it was a response to my post. I was about to say ouch, I at least think my brain is the size of a tangerine

LACoGurneyjockey

Forum Asst. Chief
Can we summon the almighty @Chimpie to rid us of this troll so we can get back to making fun of real whackers...
Or prove me wrong Lorraine, and tell us what town/dept this is... So I can never go anywhere near there.

Status
Not open for further replies.