NREMT Patch

smorkal42

Forum Ride Along
i just received my NREMT cert, card, and patch a couple of days ago, I'm curious if putting my NREMT patch on a personal jacket and getting a second patch if it turns out it's required by my service. Would that fall within the NREMT regulations regarding the patch? The letter they sent me was not very helpful and I haven't found anything on the NREMT website.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
I use mine as a coaster!

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I have no idea where mine is, probably buried in a pile in my room I should clean up sometime lol

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief
i just received my NREMT cert, card, and patch a couple of days ago, I'm curious if putting my NREMT patch on a personal jacket and getting a second patch if it turns out it's required by my service. Would that fall within the NREMT regulations regarding the patch? The letter they sent me was not very helpful and I haven't found anything on the NREMT website.

Please don't do that. Please.

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
Please don't do that. Please.

I second this. It's super ricky rescue. Don't do it. There's no need to advertise when off the clock. I've never seen a SoCal company use it on a uniform, but there are still plenty of uses for it. Mine was prominently displayed on my desk until it got filed away somewhere. My buddy put his on the dash of his car in hopes to get out of tickets. I love the coaster idea!

You'll get hired soon enough and you'll get to rummage through the uniform closet for all the shirts, jackets and patches you need.

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
Superglue that ish to your forehead, yo.

No but for real, you should really order more patches and see them onto all of your shirts.

OP
OP
smorkal42

smorkal42

Forum Ride Along
thanks for the advise. coaster sounds cool to me

AtlasFlyer

Forum Captain
I'm not even sure where mine is...

My state patch is in a drawer with a bunch of old pictures. (We don't wear state patches on our uniforms, just our city department patch.)

escapedcaliFF

Forum Lieutenant
Only patch or silk screened on tshirts I ever seen around these parts is the AZ state one. Mostly a rural metro thing.

chriscemt

Forum Lieutenant
I am almost certain that I caught the NREMT patch on the uniforms worn by the medics on Nightwatch.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Put your patch in your keepsake drawer and leave it there.

Every service I ever worked for where we had patches on uniforms...the service provided the patches along with the uniform.

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
I am almost certain that I caught the NREMT patch on the uniforms worn by the medics on Nightwatch.
That's the only place I've ever seen it.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
I've seen people wear it on uniforms, typically in place of the state training level patch. Since it demonstrates a level of training that typically exceeds the state standards, I would have no objection to anyone who wanted to wear it (assuming the agency had no objects).

If a person wants to put it on a job shirt or uniform jacket, go for it. I wouldn't put it on your personal jacket though.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I've never seen anyone here wear it. Most private companies will have their company patch on one sleeve and the county EMT/Paramedic patch on the other sleeve. The remainder of the privates and all the public agencies (pretty much all the FDs) will simply just wear their agency patch on both sleeves.

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I'm with others. Do whatever your service does re: using state or national patches on uniforms, but I'd strongly recommend against putting it on personal clothing. Your separation of personal and professional lives will help you not burn out as a provider, remind you there's a life outside, and protect you from unnecessary duty to act or expectations of service when on personal time. I strongly discourage advertising yourself as an EMT in any way when not accompanied by an ambulance, on call for a volunteer service (or backed by an MD and liability policy).

Congratulations on earning your patch and good luck in your career, just don't forget about life outside.