new here

MikeRi24

Forum Crew Member
Hello all! My name is Mike, and I am located in Buffalo, NY. I'm hoping to become an EMT soon. I applied to Rural/Metro Medical services for their EMT training program. I'm an Eagle scout, and since being involved in Scouts, I have always gotten a lot of personal satisfaction out of being able to help people. I've also always had a thing for emergency medicine.

A little bit of background on myself....I just turned 21, I went to the University at Buffalo for 2 and a half years with a major in Biological Sciences, and somewhere around may of '07 i started looking into the EMT field as a career. I just can't stand the college environment and like a lot of hands on learning and then being able to use that out in the field. the kind of "read it, memorize it, and then spit it back out on a piece of paper" thing in college just doesnt do it for me. Among other things, I am really into cars, I have a 1992 Ford Mustang that is my BABY, and i love that car more than life itself haha. I am also into music and play guitar, bass, and a few other things.

sooooo the EMT program I applied to starts the 21st of this month, and at the application seminar, we were told that we would be contacted if we were accepted into the program, so I should be on here a lot durring the evening hours of the coming days because I seriously won't be sleeping much haha

Katie

Forum Lieutenant
Hi and Welcome :D

futureemt

Forum Crew Member
Welcome!!!!!

Swinney101

Forum Probie
Welcome

Best EMS forum i have found!!!!!!!!!

gnh2276

Forum Crew Member
Welcome

Welcome Mike its a great place to hang out

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Hi Mike! Welcome to the tribe! ;)

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
Welcome, Mike; let us know what we can do to help you along.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Welcome! Hope you enjoy your class!