New fire science student

frivera

Forum Probie
Hi all, I'll be starting my first day of my fire science class in about a week. My question is: What should I wear on my first day of class?

JPINFV

Gadfly
Are we talking about something like a community college course?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Birthday suit

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
EMT pants and an "I fight what you fear" t shirt. Also, bring a scanner tuned to the local fire dispatch channel.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
2ehugahu.jpg

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
If you haven't been given an uniform instructions then you can probably dress like its a regular college course.

joshrunkle35

EMT-P/RN
Dress casually and normal. Don't wear anything that would make you a target to an instructor, like a megadeath shirt, etc. Try to be normal and blend in. Stand out for the quality of your thinking, not for what you are wearing.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Dress up like you're ready for business! Wear lots of gear on your belt; pocket mask, trauma sheers, CAT tourniquet, stethoscope, flashlight(s) and glove pouch! That's important you realize 95% of fire dept calls are for EMS, so all that swag is key to success. If you have anything fire related, wear that too. Show them you're going balls-to-the-wall 110% and ready to battle a flash over at any moment.

If you realllllly want to out do everyone else, and get an automatic A, you should get a tattoo of a Maltese Cross or other FD related stuff on your arm the day before class and wear a cut off shirt. You may even get to sit in a Lay-Z-Boy recliner during lecture for that.

I recommend everyone here google image search "firefighter tattoo"

The images are absolutely priceless.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Dress up like you're ready for business! Wear lots of gear on your belt; pocket mask, trauma sheers, CAT tourniquet, stethoscope, flashlight(s) and glove pouch! That's important you realize 95% of fire dept calls are for EMS, so all that swag is key to success. If you have anything fire related, wear that too. Show them you're going balls-to-the-wall 110% and ready to battle a flash over at any moment.

If you realllllly want to out do everyone else, and get an automatic A, you should get a tattoo of a Maltese Cross or other FD related stuff on your arm the day before class and wear a cut off shirt. You may even get to sit in a Lay-Z-Boy recliner during lecture for that.

I recommend everyone here google image search "firefighter tattoo"

The images are absolutely priceless.

Our CAT tourniquets actually come supplied to us in cases that have belt loops.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Money shot!