New arrival here

Celtictigeress

Forum Captain
Salutations,

I found this site and decided to join But considering a basic introduction would sound too much like a date chatroom, Ive decided to forgo it all and say wassssssssuuuuuuup!

I went through my basic classes and finished took my practicals, I still on the 8th have to make up my Trauma assessment to move on...Any suggestions as far as pointers to get through it all?or any step by step guidence?? my Intubation and Random stations were aced... I just have one more to go

Namaste

When you stare into the Abyss it stares long into you, and when you battle Monsters, see in the process you do not become one -F.Nietzche

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by Celtictigeress@Nov 30 2005, 07:04 AM
But considering a basic introduction would sound too much like a date chatroom, Ive decided to forgo it all and say wassssssssuuuuuuup!
WAIT!!! You mean this isn't an internet dating site?!!? That MUST be what I have been doing wrong Funny when I searched for "Online Dating Hook up with the Hottest EMS providers anywhere" I was directed here :D

Welcome. Welcome. Welcome. Welcome.

So...

M/F?
Age?
Location?
Married?
Kids?
Height?
Weight?
Eye Color?
Pets?
Why you wanna be in EMS?
What did you do before EMS?
Do you realize you can greet people at Walmart and make more $$ than driving an ambulance?
Do you have any Whacker tattoos?
Do you know what a Whacker is?

Again..

Welcome. Welcome. Welcome. Welcome.

Theres only a few rules, and we'll appropriatley lash you when you fail to abide by them.

In the mean time...Stay a while. and I get off in 45 minutes!! WOOO HOOO SLEEP!!!

edit....i guess with a name like Tiger"ess" your a girl...but hey, these days you never know :p

emtff99

Forum Lieutenant
Welcome to the group & enjoy. ;)

hfdff422

Forum Lieutenant
Originally posted by Celtictigeress@Nov 30 2005, 07:04 AM

I went through my basic classes and finished took my practicals, I still on the 8th have to make up my Trauma assessment to move on...Any suggestions as far as pointers to get through it all?or any step by step guidence?? my Intubation and Random stations were aced... I just have one more to go

Namaste

When you stare into the Abyss it stares long into you, and when you battle Monsters, see in the process you do not become one -F.Nietzche

Quoting Nietzche just will not do here! We are far to simple.

As for your assesments, the one thing that got alot of my classmates was the call medical control part. Make sure you say that. Most people missed it on our medical patient assesment because it was a choking person who was no longer choking and was alert and oriented, feeling fine but wanted to go to the hospital. It's the little things that do not seem necessary that seem to kill you, because it is all necessary in your practicals.

Good luck, and welcome. This place can be fun?

OP
OP
Celtictigeress

Celtictigeress

Forum Captain
Thanks for the warm welcome Guys...

Actually I went back over my trauma assessment sheet... and realized where I erred... I think I will be fine in regards to the eighth...as for this not being a dating forum well darn my heart just broke *grins* At any rate its good to see so many social people here. I got in touch wiht my instructor and he drilled me... it was the trauma assessment not medical I got stuck with and have to retake.

as for the Nietzche we arent simple..why? we arent Firemen *snickers* I know kinda bad on my behalf isnt it?

At any rate I look forward to harassing you guys.Again thank you for such a warm welcome

Namaste

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
:D :D :D Welcome :D :D :D

hfdff422

Forum Lieutenant
Originally posted by Celtictigeress@Nov 30 2005, 01:55 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome Guys...

Actually I went back over my trauma assessment sheet... and realized where I erred... I think I will be fine in regards to the eighth...as for this not being a dating forum well darn my heart just broke *grins* At any rate its good to see so many social people here. I got in touch wiht my instructor and he drilled me... it was the trauma assessment not medical I got stuck with and have to retake.

as for the Nietzche we arent simple..why? we arent Firemen *snickers* I know kinda bad on my behalf isnt it?

At any rate I look forward to harassing you guys.Again thank you for such a warm welcome

Namaste
I am a fireman, we just run the bus as well. As for trauma vs. medical assements- they have many of the same critical fails. I was simply stating that you would need to look at stuff that does not necessarily apply to the situation, which goes for both. I am glad you have a good instructor that is willing to help you out- sounds like a fireman. ;)

squid

Forum Lieutenant
Welcome!

Wait, I'm still too new to welcome people. Hmph. When do I stop being a probie?? I promise not to put any famous philosophers in my sig...

OP
OP
Celtictigeress

Celtictigeress

Forum Captain
Heh

it involved...well scenrio was 28yo Male that had fallen 20ft and landed on a brickwall the moi obviously the fall greater then 3times his height but then they had moved him.....Of course I found where I erred and Dave was great he knew immediately thankfully so here goes nothing...

I was teasing about the Fireman comment in SC they arent to bright here...heh the bulb on a larngyscope shines more...though at the substation were were teasing one of our guys whose volunteer tried olding the larngyscope to his ear....wanted to see if his eyes would light up *winks*at any rate I look forward to typing here noone understands me when I return from a ride along complaining of the policemans idiocy (I can say that I used to be a gun toting donut eating coffee spilling mace carrying kinky cuffs kinda girl hehehehehe)

squid

Forum Lieutenant
Hey! Get your sig back! We could use a little class around here, if only so we have something to make fun of. :p

CaptainPanic

Former EMT...
Oh shizit, you remind me too much of another female ex-officer, lol. :lol:

I wonder if you ever had to give a good looking guy the matching silver bracelets and felt bad for him. Then decided to make out, er, make up with him later on. :lol:

Sorry, but welcome to EMT Life anyhow....

The one the only the official wal-mart greeter B)

-CP

OP
OP
Celtictigeress

Celtictigeress

Forum Captain
lol, well I can give you several to choose from

"I have a Higher and greater standard of principals then George washington... He could not tell a Lie, I will not tell a lie" Samuel clemmens

"We do not wish to be spared by the Greatest of our enemies nor by the ones we love from the very heart" F.Nietzche

"When you stare into the abyss it stares long into you and when you battle monster's see in the process you do not become one" F.Nietzche

"Human beings can be relied upon, with vigor, to exercise their God Given right to be stupid" Dean Koontz

just to name a few..but those are some of my favorites along with
"I refuse to believe in a God that does not dance" Nietzche

but pick on me I pick back..and I play rough and unfair *gets out the handcuffs*

Namaste

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Welcome to our own little corner of dysfunction.

Quoting Nietzche just will not do here! We are far to simple.

Nietzche....isn't that those corn chips you put cheese on and eat? :p

OP
OP
Celtictigeress

Celtictigeress

Forum Captain
lol

No that was what I had you screaming the other day when I was beating the heck outta you for teasing me *snickers*

actually One time I got to deal with an Ex I hated the SOB so I took pleasure in using Mace and cuffs.... Im just evil like that Mwuhahahahaha

Everyone here seems so social and everyone here can understan me when I mention stylets....or talk about a bad day..family gives me a look of "Erm well...yeah whatever you just said"

the other day though they let me do my focused on an accident victim..she pissed the WRONG person off needless to say she learned quickly not to try and pull the wool over.... though I did get a nasty lil chewing out afterwards for it, afterwards we all laughed....

besides they love me when I do ride alongs...I bring freshbaked brownies and cookies, usually munchies and dip and the like and leave them at the main station, they bring plates and bowls with lids take what they want for their rides.

oh and one time in EMT class I stuck a...oh wait movie flashback *coughsputter*

hfdff422

Forum Lieutenant
You forgot Vonnegut- I am from Indy and I want Vonnegut to top of my Clemens. Talk about thoughtless....... Handcuffs you say?

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by squid@Nov 30 2005, 04:08 PM
Welcome!

Wait, I'm still too new to welcome people. Hmph. When do I stop being a probie?? I promise not to put any famous philosophers in my sig...
you stiop being a probie when you hit 50 posts... then you become a forum Crew Member.