My Experience Getting Certified in Massachusetts

anand

Forum Ride Along
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to come on here and shoutout the Massachusetts Office of Emergency Medical Services. They were super responsive to all my emails and phone calls. They always picked up after a ring or two; most importantly, there was no automated robot when I called.

The EMS Certification dude (Evan Paicopoulos) was totally awesome and helped me through the entire process. Got me certified quickly, and filled out and signed all the verification forms for reciprocity in other states quickly as well.

Anyways, just wanted to say Massachusetts OEMS is definitely doing something right!

Last edited:

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
I second this- easily the most painless certification and recertification process I have been through. Now I just need to find a job in New England and move out of Texas lol.

mgr22

Forum Deputy Chief
Anyways, just wanted to say Massachusetts OEMS is definitely doing something right!
Having worked for several years with the Mass. medical director, Dr. Burstein, I'm not surprised.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I'm definitely envious. My state is....let's just go with, "not Massachusetts". :(
Based upon where you are, you have.my condolences...but not as much as you would if you lived in the worst state for EMS.

RocketMedic

Based upon where you are, you have.my condolences...but not as much as you would if you lived in the worst state for EMS.
**California jumps in**

RocketMedic

Does RSI even matter when it’s 104, very humid (heat index 114) and your rent is a legitimate 52% of your monthly take-home on a 24/48 variation?

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
**California jumps in**
I don't think California has certified itself to jump in. California is going to need to take a LEMSA class all over again, jumping in orientation and 5 jump (similar to 5 ALS contact/5 call in a lot of LEMSA), do a couple of background checks, and a protocol test or two.

Last edited:

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I don't think California has certified itself to jump in. California is going to need to take a LEMSA class all over again, jumping in orientation and 5 jump (similar to 5 ALS contact/5 call in a lot of LEMSA), do a couple of background checks, and a protocol test or two.
Plus get a special license from the DMV

E tank

Caution: Paralyzing Agent
All things medical have certainly been affected by a definable bureaucratic totalitarianism. From Joint Commission agents to needing a $1000 dollar certification to mop a floor (900 if you join the association of floor moppers for 250), folks have definitely found a way to guarantee job security.

Kavsuvb

Forum Captain
Connecticut has entered the Chat

RocketMedic

Connecticut has entered the Chat
Bro, you quite frankly don’t know of what you speak. Bashing a state’s EMS system only makes sense if you have knowledge of or actually practice in actual EMS.

You do not appear to have that knowledge or experience and do not appear to be a credible source.

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
Bro, you quite frankly don’t know of what you speak. Bashing a state’s EMS system only makes sense if you have knowledge of or actually practice in actual EMS.

You do not appear to have that knowledge or experience and do not appear to be a credible source.
She never has and never will.

Kavsuvb

Forum Captain

Bro, My state got rid of AEMT's