OP
OP
theasianEMT

theasianEMT

Forum Probie
Completely understand that. The program starts every August currently. Once you complete your state or NR testing your upgrade to Paramedic is really simple if you go through the local program. You just take the local scope of practice testing and a few check ride shifts with an FTO. From there you can begin to work on upgrading to Relief Crew Chief(+5%) and then Crew Chief (additional +10%)
And does the company give extra towards having a bachelor degree? I'm getting mine in health sciences. That sounds like a simple process in terms of training and feasibility. Will the company pay for the local scope of practice testing or will I have to bear the burden of that myself (after getting my NR afterwards of course)

NCmedic

Forum Probie
And does the company give extra towards having a bachelor degree? I'm getting mine in health sciences. That sounds like a simple process in terms of training and feasibility. Will the company pay for the local scope of practice testing or will I have to bear the burden of that myself (after getting my NR afterwards of course)

Currently there isn't a pay bump for a degree; however, it is very adventitious to have when competing for promotional opportunities.

Our local scope of practice is all done in house, of which you are paid for. We are a state recognized teaching and credentialing center. All of your CE is provided in house and paid, overtime if its your long week.

OP
OP
theasianEMT

theasianEMT

Forum Probie
Currently there isn't a pay bump for a degree; however, it is very adventitious to have when competing for promotional opportunities.

Our local scope of practice is all done in house, of which you are paid for. We are a state recognized teaching and credentialing center. All of your CE is provided in house and paid, overtime if its your long week.
That sounds great, thank you for the helpful information. I will certainly look into it.

46Young

Level 25 EMS Wizard
https://jobsweb.charlestoncounty.org/hronline/public/vacancylisting.aspx

Charleston County SC is hiring medics right now. This can be good to look at, so you can reference their pay, benefits, and work schedule vs other departments after you get your medic cert:

Position: PARAMEDIC
Grade: TSFL/08
Position #: EMPPOO48
Department: EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES
Salary Range: HIRING HOURLY RATE $15.85 - $16.82
Minimum requirements:
Minimum Education - a HS diploma
Minimum Qualification - 6 months of EMS (ambulance service transport or other patient care) experience along with the following certifications and licensure: SCDHEC Paramedic (National Registry preferred), BLS, ACLS, and a valid driver’s license.
Description:
With the growth in Charleston County, Charleston County EMS has an exciting opportunity to work in a fast paced 911 system which was awarded the 2010 EMS System of the Year. Modern equipment, advanced protocols and employee participation in research and system development makes this the place to be. CCEMS now operates on a 12 hour shift (every other weekend is a three day weekend) schedule.

To qualify for this position, you must have at least a HS diploma plus 6 months of EMS (ambulance service transport or other patient care) experience along with the following certifications and licensure: SCDHEC Paramedic (National Registry preferred), BLS, ACLS, and a valid driver’s license. ITLS or PHTLS and PEPP or PALS are preferred. The selected candidate must have a valid SC driver’s license within 30 days of hire. The following training is required within 3 months of employment: ICS 100, 200, 700, 704 and 800. Candidates must provide documentation verifying their eligibility credentials with the completed application.

In addition to the above candidates must also be able to: drive an emergency vehicle, have excellent communications skills (in person, over the radio/telephone, and written), work a variety of shifts, perform a wide variety of duties with accuracy and speed under pressure, provide basic life support patient care, follow safety protocols, read maps and find locations within the County, perform calmly in emergency situations, and other EMT related duties. Knowledge must include but is not limited to: laws and regulations of US DOT, FCC, DEA and SCDHEC in regard to the practice of emergency medical services, County and EMS policies and procedures, Charleston County geography, vehicle extrication and rescue principles, patient stabilization, medical terminology, and defensive driving techniques. The paramedic is responsible for providing advance life support patient care, communicating appropriately, ensuring the readiness of vehicles and equipment, maintaining uniforms and stations, attending training, and following safety guidelines and medical protocols. APPLICATION DEADLINE: FRIDAY, DECEMBER 18, 2015.

Application Deadline: 12/18/2015

OP
OP
theasianEMT

theasianEMT

Forum Probie

Charleston County SC is hiring medics right now. This can be good to look at, so you can reference their pay, benefits, and work schedule vs other departments after you get your medic cert:

Position: PARAMEDIC
Grade: TSFL/08
Position #: EMPPOO48
Department: EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES
Salary Range: HIRING HOURLY RATE $15.85 - $16.82
Minimum requirements:
Minimum Education - a HS diploma
Minimum Qualification - 6 months of EMS (ambulance service transport or other patient care) experience along with the following certifications and licensure: SCDHEC Paramedic (National Registry preferred), BLS, ACLS, and a valid driver’s license.
Description:
With the growth in Charleston County, Charleston County EMS has an exciting opportunity to work in a fast paced 911 system which was awarded the 2010 EMS System of the Year. Modern equipment, advanced protocols and employee participation in research and system development makes this the place to be. CCEMS now operates on a 12 hour shift (every other weekend is a three day weekend) schedule.

To qualify for this position, you must have at least a HS diploma plus 6 months of EMS (ambulance service transport or other patient care) experience along with the following certifications and licensure: SCDHEC Paramedic (National Registry preferred), BLS, ACLS, and a valid driver’s license. ITLS or PHTLS and PEPP or PALS are preferred. The selected candidate must have a valid SC driver’s license within 30 days of hire. The following training is required within 3 months of employment: ICS 100, 200, 700, 704 and 800. Candidates must provide documentation verifying their eligibility credentials with the completed application.

In addition to the above candidates must also be able to: drive an emergency vehicle, have excellent communications skills (in person, over the radio/telephone, and written), work a variety of shifts, perform a wide variety of duties with accuracy and speed under pressure, provide basic life support patient care, follow safety protocols, read maps and find locations within the County, perform calmly in emergency situations, and other EMT related duties. Knowledge must include but is not limited to: laws and regulations of US DOT, FCC, DEA and SCDHEC in regard to the practice of emergency medical services, County and EMS policies and procedures, Charleston County geography, vehicle extrication and rescue principles, patient stabilization, medical terminology, and defensive driving techniques. The paramedic is responsible for providing advance life support patient care, communicating appropriately, ensuring the readiness of vehicles and equipment, maintaining uniforms and stations, attending training, and following safety guidelines and medical protocols. APPLICATION DEADLINE: FRIDAY, DECEMBER 18, 2015.

Application Deadline: 12/18/2015
Thank you for the info, I appreciate it!