Las Vegas Fire looking to take over transports from AMR

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I don't like this stunt that the fire department is doing, however, I do believe it can still work. Give them time.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Why Aprz?

You dislike the play, yet want to see it succeed?

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Oooooh
This is good. I predict a victory.

I wonder if AMR is backdooring their legal fees.

That last part is based purely on my own curiosity, and in no way is it based on. any fact/evidence.

Fire51

Forum Lieutenant
3 mins is a pretty fast response time but their trying to get the point across that there was a private ambulance right across the street that is more then capable to provide ALS to the patient. What if the FD was 10 min away? They are right, this battle is mostly about money and not patient care.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
This is a dramatic public game changer. Placing public safety and emergency services above all else, and I hope it will be on the next national cable outlet as a headliner. ATTENTION AMERICA.....

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
What I mean is that just because they aren't doing so hot right now doesn't mean they can't do it or won't do it well later on. That's like when a new ambulance provider takes over a 911 contract there are usually some problems here and there within the first couple of months.

I don't like that Las Vegas Fire suddenly doing this, and I don't like how poorly they looked at AMR's employees.

I'm hoping in the end, this will be good for those AMR employees. Somebody has to run the call. Maybe those guys will get hired at the Fire Department on dedicated transport units and better pay and benefits.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
What I mean is that just because they aren't doing so hot right now doesn't mean they can't do it or won't do it well later on. That's like when a new ambulance provider takes over a 911 contract there are usually some problems here and there within the first couple of months.

I don't like that Las Vegas Fire suddenly doing this, and I don't like how poorly they looked at AMR's employees.

I'm hoping in the end, this will be good for those AMR employees. Somebody has to run the call. Maybe those guys will get hired at the Fire Department on dedicated transport units and better pay and benefits.

They are not a startup 911 contractor. They are the established government fire and rescue service provider that is unprepared and possibly liable for the death of this citizen.
Unable to meet the service standard previously provided due to a **** measuring contest.
Apples to oranges my man.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bullets

Forum Knucklehead
First, can someone explain what you mean by "holding the wall for 20-30 minutes"

Second, when i look at the map of the City of, what are all the little holes in the boundary of the city? And if most of the tourist area is in Paradise, then isnt that good for AMR?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
First, can someone explain what you mean by "holding the wall for 20-30 minutes"

Second, when i look at the map of the City of, what are all the little holes in the boundary of the city? And if most of the tourist area is in Paradise, then isnt that good for AMR?

Waiting at the ER, usually against a wall, until there's a room ready for your patient

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Those holes are Clark County.

Paradise isn't like it's own city, it's Clark County also. Shared with MedicWest with wonky boundaries on the strip.

Yes, that's good for AMR, but not what this about.

CFal

Forum Captain
3 minutes is a phenomenal response time, the fact that there was a private ambulance that could have gotten there slightly quicker in this isolated situation should have no bearing on it at all.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
We will see if that "3 minutes" hold up or if it turns out to have been longer.

Still. Practically in the parking lot dude....

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
We will see if that "3 minutes" hold up or if it turns out to have been longer.

Still. Practically in the parking lot dude....

While I agree in principle, I doubt it has any practical bearing for the case. The fact of the matter is that the agency having jurisdiction met the response time guidelines for their area. That alone will likely preclude any substantive action.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
As bull:censored::censored::censored::censored: as I think what LVFD is pulling is I highly doubt those 3 minutes woulda made a difference.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Hijack.... Off topic.

Fire51

Forum Lieutenant
That's good to hear their not going to try the same thing. I don't get the whole thing about jumping in the back of the private ambulance to continue care when you already have a paramedic transporting, it's not hard to give them all the info they got but that's just a opinion. If they work together well then great for them.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Well he has to make it sound like they're contributing. And they do great compressions/bagging on the ride in to allow me to focus on other ALS interventions. Teamwork and taking direction when they ride in is always appreciated. Plus bouncing ideas off of each other is a benefit for pt care as well.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Additionally, of the 5% or so of actual critical calls they probably ride in less than half of the time.... So maybe like 2% of the time they ride in. And it's like I said in my previous post....