Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Backpack Style Bag

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Other

Votes: 6 14.6%

• Total voters

WuLabsWuTecH

Forum Deputy Chief
Just out of curiosity what kind of jumpkits do you use?

At the private, I use jumpbags made of cloth. One for first in, one for peds.

At the FD, I use hard cases for Airway Kit (first in kit, it also has non-airway stuff in it but that's what we call it) and the IV/ALS kit with drugs. We use a bag for C-collars, another for trauma, and one more for peds.

At the hospital, the doctors and nurses use the carts with drawers, while the medics still prefer to use the cloth bags (which is the only reason they are still sitting around because everything in the bag is on the cart!)

citizensoldierny

Forum Captain
We carry soft sided on our ambulance. Divided into trauma, pediatric, and medical.
I have a dept. issued soft jump kit in my car. Scary little fact though is we don't have so much as a first aid kit on our engines. Hmmm... we might want to fix that someday.

firedog3700

Forum Probie
What I use

On the job (firefighter) I use a BIG soft sided bag (dept provided) that has everything. Actually too much. I carry a personal backpack kit with the stuff I use the most. In my POV I have a decent-sized soft bag with the essentials to get me by until a bus gets on scene.

Planning on upgrading to a STOMP when I finish medic school.

Seaglass

Lesser Ambulance Ape
On the job (firefighter) I use a BIG soft sided bag (dept provided) that has everything. Actually too much.

Same. It weighs a million pounds, and even the big burly firefighters have trouble carrying it for any sort of distance.

VFFforpeople

Forum Captain
I have a backpack style (5.11) jumpbag. Stocked with basic things nothing fancy. Just enought to keep the pt alive till more gear gets there.

DV_EMT

Forum Asst. Chief
i have a primacare jum kit. rather nice... I've thought about getting a molle type backpack for immediate deployment/ emergencies. I think that it would carry enough equipment for a deployment during an emergency. anyone use that?

daedalus

Forum Deputy Chief
My old company the following set up for ALS:
Pelican drug box
Pacific blue bag for IV and airway
Red/orange "jumps/trauma" with the vital signs stuff and bandages, c-collars, and the like
green O2 bag fitted onto gurney
Zoll M series with blue jacket

I thought it was excessive.

RescueYou

Forum Lieutenant
Cloth bag is what we use on our rigs for the most part. We do have some hard cases. I personally use cloth bags. I have 3 kits with me in my car: 1 trauma bag, 1 small medical bag, and a specialty kit (contains specific stuff for pediatrics, burns, airways, etc)

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Our facility uses a variety but my personal kits are all:

On-sale sturdy padded camera bags (Targus brand has been good to me).

At work: OSHA office first aid kits in metal box-ettes, trauma bags in Iron Duck oxygen duffels, and the higer level kits in either shiney candyapple red wheeles little suitcases closed with zippers (execrable, $100 ea) or rolling Stanley plastic tub-type tool chests (about $45 each and carry much more, more securely).

nomofica

Forum Asst. Chief
personal kit: generic soft-sided First Aid "pouch". Has some various-sized gauze pads, self-adhering med tape, some tweezers, pins, band-aids.... Really, nothing more than a very, very basic first aid kit. Don't see the need for much else.