If you could have anything you want on your ambulance

Jeremy89

Forum Captain
As far as what to ADD: I'd say a scoop stretcher would be nice! Either that or "insta-medic" - medic in a can!

Is that like the AutoPilot on "Airplane"? lol

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
I would want to never have a need to use a band-aid. :glare:

As far as what to ADD: I'd say a scoop stretcher would be nice! Either that or "insta-medic" - medic in a can!

it never ceases to amaze me the vast differences in both required equipment and skills variation from area to area and service to service.

i have never worked on an ambulance without a scoop. its required equipment here.

mikeylikesit

Candy Striper
I just thought of something...a gag and a restraint system for the patients family and friends.

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
I just thought of something...a gag and a restraint system for the patients family and friends.

For family members.. you don't need to gag them if you have a roof rack.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader

daedalus

Forum Deputy Chief
Someone to hear your prayers... someone who cares?

With apologies to Depeche Mode and Johnny Cash, of course!

God I was thinking the same thing. The good old days....depeche mode rocks.

Oregon

Forum Crew Member
My apartment complex newsletter has a section titled "Bumper Sticker Snicker" And this month's is "Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics."
I think that should go right next to the star of life on every rig.

Sasha

Forum Chief
A smoothie bar. Who doesnt want a smoothie bar? Might chill some patients out, too.

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
a guinness tap would also be great...

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
kev, we aren't in Ireland.
on that note... my medic class has an Irish guy in it.

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
true. god to i wish we we're........

regardless of location, having a guinness keg onboard would certainly make my shifts more interesting.....

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
A force field to keep the fire fighters out. If the patient isn't on fire, then there's no need for fire fighters and if the patient IS on fire, they shouldn't be in the ambulance yet anyways.

Ha ha ha! ROFL

Ooops..... HEY!!! JUST A MINUTE! I'M A FIREFIGHTER!

THAT AIN'T FUNNY!!!!!

Oh well....if you dont like big dumb fat 'n happy firefighters, dont call us at 0300 for a lift assist.

Just kidding!!

mikie

Forum Lurker
Something, perhaps stemming from the cot, making it easier to do 12 lead/EKG monitoring as opposed to wires going everywhere, making a big mess.

marineman

Forum Asst. Chief
How about a mini CT scanner? We could clear C-spine and head injuries in the field!

The service that I hope to be working for after I graduate medic in may actually has protocols that they can clear C-spine in the field. I have no idea what they are or how lengthy they are but they do exist.

as for what to add, how about a smoking section for those 3am 4hour transports.

TgerFoxMark

Forum Lieutenant
How about a valium fountain that folds out the side of the rig for those EVER so annoying state fair standby's

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
The service that I hope to be working for after I graduate medic in may actually has protocols that they can clear C-spine in the field. I have no idea what they are or how lengthy they are but they do exist.

as for what to add, how about a smoking section for those 3am 4hour transports.

Here in NM if you are WEMT certified, you can clear C-Spine in the field

And I'd love an autopilot for those long 0230 transports