Ick factors

Sasha

Forum Chief
What are your ick factors? I was talking to my partner. His is pee, he cant even empty out a foley. Mine is suctioning, especially trachs it just makes me gag.

What are yours?

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
Maggots below the waist

...and then, there was that cat.

I twitch to this day remembering when I realized those gouge marks on the face of its dead owner were from Kitty having a feast! Kitty was quite content, and full!

Last edited by a moderator:

Anjel

Forum Angel
Thick Mucus in trach pts

and

Colostomy bags the ones that are temporary looking and has like super thin condom looking tube that leads to the bag.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Thick Mucus in trach pts

and

Colostomy bags the ones that are temporary looking and has like super thin condom looking tube that leads to the bag.

Condom cath :)

Anjel

Forum Angel

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
those dont bother me lol I could deal with those and foleys all day long.

OH! I thought that's what you were talking about!! What bugs me is erhhhmm, not much really. Bloody sputum is the worst probably.

Anjel

Forum Angel
OH! I thought that's what you were talking about!! What bugs me is erhhhmm, not much really. Bloody sputum is the worst probably.

Haha no just the tubing of the.colostomy bad looks like a condom

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Puke. I can do mucous, feces, urine, blood and various other secretions, I just can't do that nasty, post Tex-Mex and beer puke. It's everything I can do not to fire back.

Second is....ummmm......purulent discharge. Yeah that's it...purulent...
(insert a synonym for purulent and think of it's homonym).

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Sasha

Sasha

Forum Chief
Colostomy bags that "vent".

gag.

If you dont burp them, go to change them and they explode all over. Poor new CNA got poo in her eye that way.

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

dstevens58

Forum Lieutenant
Puke. I can do mucous, feces, urine, blood and various other secretions, I just can't do that nasty, post Tex-Mex and beer puke. It's everything I can do not to fire back.

I'll have to put a second vote out for vomit. Makes me want to add to it.

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
I can generaly handle urine, vomit, and most other icky stuff. But I can't stand lung butter, colostomy bags, and maggots. *gag*
Just about lost it replacing a trach during a respiratory shift.
Now my stomach is doing little flip flops thinking about the icky stuff.:wacko:

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Mrs Brown? :D

Nah just kidding ... Brown's ick factor is poo, hmm Brown just thinks Brown volunteered to do all Brownlet changings :unsure:

.. hmm, *looks for delete button before Mrs Brown sees this :p

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Smell of melena. After a recent experience with a doa who had a massive upper GI bleed I just get sick thinking about it. Luckily I haven't had to deal with a colostomy bag yet but I'm thinking that will be well up the list as well.

pa132399

Forum Crew Member
havent had anything thats phazed me too much but the guy with the colostomy bag that emptied it before we transported him and pick a turd out of it with his bare hand and made the remark that it looked like a milk dud. ruined milk duds for the rest of my life

pa132399

Forum Crew Member
wait ill have to change mine to the smell of a nursing home at 6am ruins the whole day

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Puke for sure.