• Other post-graduate certificates or degrees

Votes: 9 10.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Veneficus

Forum Chief

JPINFV

Gadfly
BS in Biological Sciences, UCI (BS in BS) (Bull ____ in Bull ____)
MS in Biomedical Science, Tufts (MS in BS) (More ____ in Bull _____)
2nd year DO, Western University of Heath Sciences (DO(c), or "Look ma, I'm already a DOc!)

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Dropped out of high school --> GED --> EMT --> Paramedic --> BS (health science) --> currently 3/8 MD

Yes, if I ever have an office I will be putting the GED diploma on the wall next to my other degrees.

Thats awesome. LoL

Exactly what I was going to say.

My cousin is a highish level manager for a Hyatt Resort. He has his HS diploma but no Baccalaureate, he has his HS diploma displayed in his office along with an empty frame with a note that says "This should have a college degree in it, but it doesn't because I don't have one ;)" He's a jokester but his bosses like him just as much as his employees do.

I'm working on finishing medic school then contemplating going back to school to get my AS then eventually a BS in something, Idk what yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Veneficus

Forum Chief

Melclin

Forum Deputy Chief
Bachelor of Emergency Health (why they couldn't just call it health science or applied science like everyone else, I don't know), completed last year.

Little over halfway through my graduate year (sorta like an internship), before I qualify, praise be to the moon and the stars, in March.

Going back to uni to do some sessional work after that and then a masters in good time. Not sure in what yet. MPH or maybe Physicians associate..depending on how I feel about the job. I don't think it'll be an Masters in EMS though, not versatile enough.

triemal04

Forum Deputy Chief
Associate's, and working on a BS.
BS in Biological Sciences, UCI (BS in BS) (Bull ____ in Bull ____)
MS in Biomedical Science, Tufts (MS in BS) (More ____ in Bull _____)
2nd year DO, Western University of Heath Sciences (DO(c), or "Look ma, I'm already a DOc!)
Does that mean you are in your second year, or finished with it?

JPINFV

Gadfly
A (c) designation means "candidate." Technically speaking, any time you're enrolled in a degree program you're a "candidate" for the degree, but unless you're nearing the end (generally for programs requiring a thesis presentation) using it is extremely pretentious. The only time I use it is in situations like this where I can't point to the low hanging fruit of being a DO(c).

triemal04

Forum Deputy Chief
2nd year DO, Western University of Heath Sciences
Does that mean you are in your second year of med school or finished with it.

That was what I was referring to, no the (c) part, which I agree is very overused. In a funny way most of the time.

Veneficus

Forum Chief
A (c) designation means "candidate." Technically speaking, any time you're enrolled in a degree program you're a "candidate" for the degree, but unless you're nearing the end (generally for programs requiring a thesis presentation) using it is extremely pretentious. The only time I use it is in situations like this where I can't point to the low hanging fruit of being a DO(c).

Yea, I know.

I don't use it. Aside from you joking about it, the only time I have ever seen it used is by extremely pretentious people.

It is probably that association that makes it not work for me.

I also don't ever call myself doctor, though everyone from patients, to collegues, to professors now seem to.

Maybe out of respect or maybe out of the realization that I am so close to finishing, it is just a matter of time.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Does that mean you are in your second year of med school or finished with it.

Sorry, misread your post. In my second year. I read your post as, "Are you in your second year or finished with [medical school]. It's what 3 days in a row of 5 hours of sleep will do to you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Simusid

Forum Captain
BS/MS in Electrical Engineering
MS in Information Security

Mostly useless for EMS I suppose other than it gave me great study habits. I know I would LOVE medic school and I know it would be easy for me. Yes I know that sounds pretentious.

fma08

Forum Asst. Chief
High school diploma

AAS "EMT-Paramedic Technology" (that's what they called it anyway)

Finishing my BS in Microbiology next semester with 3 minors

Hoping to get into medical school for next fall.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Working on a BA in Political Science...not especially useful besides the BA part. I figure my undergrad major is only what I have to take a bunch of classes in, may as well enjoy them. I am trying to take as many "healthcare prerequisites" as possible so as to be able to enter a nursing or PA program in the future.

If nothing else college has seriously improved my communication skills (verbal and written), which has certainly helped in EMS.

EMSLaw

Legal Beagle
Hrm... I'm wondering whether I should check the Master's or Doctoral-level box. I have a 'professional doctorate'.

triemal04

Forum Deputy Chief
This has got to be one of the more interesting threads that has come up recently. Not neccasarily because of the posts here, but because of the lack of posts from some people. It's a nice little look into how well people actually practice what they preach, so to speak.

Although it is amusing when you come across someone who doesn't even have the current minimum requirements for the field they are in and probably no way to advance beyond the lowest level.

Or when someone contradicts themselves in several posts about their education level.

As I said, very interesting.

JPINFV

Gadfly
I voted, however I failed to read the initial post and just put my highest level (doctoral level-not yet completed). I don't find the need, however, to flout my education every chance I get, and I understand that wasn't what EMT-Dan was going for.