holidays

cynikalkat

Forum Lieutenant
What are folks doing for thanksgiving (if you live in the US and celebrate it)?

I'm starting work this week so I will be @ work. I'm training so I MIGHT get to go home by dinner time.

What's your favorite part of the holidays?

For me, its family time and food, of course. :p

FourLoko

Forum Lieutenant
Working. My shift is 1130-2130 but it seems they start our scheduled transports early that day so we might get to leave early, say 1400-1500ish. Will still miss the planned family stuff.

So unless I ask to stay that won't be many hours/money that day. I would probably be fine staying but I know my female "partner" will :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: and moan.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
I'm on shift on Thanksgiving (0700-0700), then I work on Christmas Eve. One of my coworkers sisters is having food at her house for the crews, so we might stop by there.

Quite honestly, I'm not a real big fan of the holidays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I'm going out motorcycle riding. It's a family tradition for thanksgiving.

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
Im on Thanksgiving day. We are running reduced staffing so I only have to show up for half day. I figure Ill come in with my contribution to the lunch potluck and leave around noon to go home where all of my wife's family will be and do the family thing. I can cover from home for the rest of the day.

BrushBunny91

Forum Lieutenant
hopefuly my second ride along^_^

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Off for thanksgiving this year! :D Have three dinners I have to make... I'm gonna do some damage on Thursday :p

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
Off that day too. But i am cooking for all our nonblood" relatives" family. If that makes sense. we don't have any relatives in the area so we have friends who are in the same pickle . makes for a fun group.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Wife's family festivities. Back on shift at 0500 Friday.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Work thursday.

Hoping ill get off before 2030.

I have christmas and christmas eve off. I think lol

OP
OP
cynikalkat

cynikalkat

Forum Lieutenant
I'm hoping to catch dinner @ my fiance's familys' place. 2 of my sisters live in the area and we traditionally get together during the day, but I'll be @ work, so maybe catch up on Friday. As the "low-woman-on-the-totem-pole" I'll probably get stuck on holidays, but that's fine, more $ for me!

I guess I'll find out this week though. The training schedule is different than my shift schedule.

foxfire-riding sounds like a great tradition

fast65-I'm not a holiday fan; its really more about the family time for me. Since my family is chaos, any family time is good.

CritterNurse

Forum Captain
I don't have school that day because of the holiday, so I'll be cooking for the family. My mom is the one who usually cooks the dinner, and I help, but this year she'll be recovering from a procedure, so I'll be the one doing most, if not all, the cooking.

I'll also be introducing the new furkids to turkey. We adopted 3 more last month, when the oldest furkid passed away.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
Spending the day with Kat at my grandmother's house along with my mom and my brother (who I can't stand). Everyone else in the family has to work.

Nerd13

Forum Lieutenant
Working. Hopefully we'll get a chance to swing by the nearby family dinner of my partner. More likely I'll get a turkey sub from subway around 1900...

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
My favorite part is dinner and the leftovers haha.

Not working. Probably go say hey to my mom if she's in town she might be gone though. Dad's going to visit his brother in the midwest.

If no ones around I'll probably go watch some football at the bar or try and weasel my way into my "second family's" dinner.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Working 10a-10p