Happy Thanksgiving to all

emtff99

Forum Lieutenant
Just want to wish Everyone in EmtLife a Happy Thanksgiving & hopefully you all enjoy the holiday with Family & Friends. Be careful when travelling this holiday.

medic03

Forum Lieutenant
THanks, happy turkey day to you too. I won't be spending my thanksgiving with my family, I have to work 7pm-7am on wed and thursday night on the heli, so no turkey and stuffing for me :( Hopefully people will be smart and not drink and drive, but I'm sure I'll be flying someone in. Be safe all.....

ndilley

Forum Crew Member
Thanks but for the first time in my life I won't be home for thanksgiving, I am awesome working. 7am-7pm...hopefully i can hit up a chinese restrauant when i get off...kind of depressing but hey its part of the job lets just hope i don't have to work christmas eve and christmas....

emtbuff

Forum Captain
Happy thanksgiving to the rest of you also. I also get to work a 3-11p shift at the hosptial for Thanksgiving. But I get Turkey before I go to work. Be safe and have fun.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by ndilley@Nov 23 2005, 11:00 AM
I am awesome working.
Well someone is very sure of themselves. LOL :D j/k

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

ndilley

Forum Crew Member
hahha thats what happens when your tired and typing... i meant to say ALSO working hahah i need to sleep more

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
happytgiving.jpg

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Happy thanksgiving.

I'll spend tomorrow morning staffing the oldest thanksgiving day parade in the country. I will then spend the rest of the day at the ambulance Co - because I have no life and am all alone (My parents and my younger brother to visit friends)

Jon

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Happy Thanksgiving to all!

As I told my students, every year I write down what I'm thankful for so that I'm able to go back and smile and laugh at all the things I've been thankful for over the years.

I'm thankful for all of the members of this community who have over the years provided support and educated me more than I could have ever imagined. Thanks :)

You are good people, and I hope you spend Thanksgiving with those you care about. For those of you working, I hope you're safe and still spend it with those you care about :)

I was a bit late on the logo change. It is updated :)

Edit: Didn't see the whacker's before I updated :(

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
:D :D :D HAPPY THANKSGIVING! :D :D :D

Mmiz, that was sweet, we feel the same way about you :) I give thanks to you making this website, otherwise, we wouldn't all be here together.

This is actually the first Thanksgiving in 5 years that my husband has off, so we're really going to enjoy it. I started cooking last night and have to start peeling 5lbs of potatoes shortly :(

Treatment note* fresh aloe on even a bad burn actually eliminates the pain.

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by MMiz@Nov 24 2005, 09:47 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all!

As I told my students, every year I write down what I'm thankful for so that I'm able to go back and smile and laugh at all the things I've been thankful for over the years.

I'm thankful for all of the members of this community who have over the years provided support and educated me more than I could have ever imagined. Thanks :)

You are good people, and I hope you spend Thanksgiving with those you care about. For those of you working, I hope you're safe and still spend it with those you care about :)

I was a bit late on the logo change. It is updated :)

Edit: Didn't see the whacker's before I updated :(
Cest tout bon.

OP
OP
emtff99

emtff99

Forum Lieutenant
Hopefully everyone got to enjoy a wonderful Thanskgiving with Family &/or Friends. Now the sad part is,,it's back to work for most of us :blink: :(

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by emtff99@Nov 29 2005, 07:16 AM
Hopefully everyone got to enjoy a wonderful Thanskgiving with Family &/or Friends. Now the sad part is,,it's back to work for most of us :blink: :(
What do you mean - BACK to work??? I spent 40 hours at the vollie sqaud from Wedensday night through Sunday morning. On thanksginging day, 10 minutes before our dinner was to be done, we rolled on a standby to cover a Co. tied up on a house fire. Then we got called into the scene as 2nd BLS, after a moron LT put a 5" behind the first ambulance.... so we got to play Icecapades, because the water, coing out of the oerflows on the engines, was freezing on the ground, it being 10 degrees out.

Finally got dinner at 2230.

Jon

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon@Nov 29 2005, 01:36 PM
a moron LT put a 5" behind the first ambulance
Why's he gotta be a moron? Huh? Huh? Maybe he did it on purpose, trying to help the crew out so they wouldn't have to go on any BS calls. Or maybe the ambulance parked in a stupid spot.

I've done it on more than one occasion.

Toned out for a Structure.

Dumba$$ med unit RACES to the scene, trying to beat fire there...like they can do anything except call dispatch and say "YEP, shes on fire all right"

Pull up in our engine.

Behind the Med Unit.

Stretch line all over hellinback.

Med unit successfully blocked in. They go to their unit call in they can't get out until fire does their part and off to sleep they go. :D :p :D

OH and Happy Thanksgiving....albeit late...to you all...even if it is a made up holiday.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Nah... ambulance was committed.... the issue was the the fire "became" big when the first Co. "missed" the fact that the porch was on fire was attached to a house that was on fire.

Jon

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
LOL...OOOPS! Hate it when that happens.

How about the car that is on fire in front of a house. Someone "misses" the fuel leak, hits the car with water, spread the fuel to the garage.

OOOPS!