HALL AMBULANCE

VentMonkey

Family Guy
If possible, please post a few photos of Hall's new Ford Transit ambulance. Thanks!
Heh? There are no new transit vehicles. There was a loner, but it was sent back to the vendor weeks ago. I'm sure @NPO will when the first ones come down the line.

They look like any other transit ambulance. Just take that same paint scheme and put it on a van, checkers and all.

MeatWagon

Forum Probie
Heh? There are no new transit vehicles. There was a loner, but it was sent back to the vendor weeks ago.

I've seen a grainy photo of it. Checkers and all. Why was it sent back to Leader? Defective?

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Are you guys actually gonna get Transit vans? Bleh, them and Sprinters are the fugliest ambulances ever IMO, I'll take my E350 Type III over them (though Type 1s are still my fav....that AMR F series looks pretty good! Though Glendales Ram 3500s were the best rigs I've used haha)

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I've seen a grainy photo of it. Checkers and all. Why was it sent back to Leader? Defective?
No.
Cabinets had to be changed.
And you know this how?

The company does not take any kind of shortcuts with these sorts of purchases. They have had (prototype) transits in years past, however, leader continued to make the "box" chassis. TMK, they no longer do.

This is/ was a prototype, so it was hardly just "cabinets needing a change".

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
No.

And you know this how?

The company does not take any kind of shortcuts with these sorts of purchases. They have had (prototype) transits in years past, however, leader continued to make the "box" chassis. TMK, they no longer do.

This is/ was a prototype, so it was hardly just "cabinets needing a change".
LOL that's what I heard. Honestly with any custom purchase I would send it back if not right specifications to fit my needs.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
Where the transit went is anyone's guess. When it was at the main station it wasn't complete. Still needed decals and stuff. It was also one of two options we are looking at. Perhaps they went with the other option.

Leader still makes boxes, but Chevy has discontinued the chassis we currently use, just like Ford did with the Eseries in 2014. This is what forced us to look into new chassis.

You can order the transit as a cutaway and put a box on the back.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Where the transit went is anyone's guess. When it was at the main station it wasn't complete. Still needed decals and stuff. It was also one of two options we are looking at. Perhaps they went with the other option.

Leader still makes boxes, but Chevy has discontinued the chassis we currently use, just like Ford did with the Eseries in 2014.

Is chevy still producing their vans?

VentMonkey

Family Guy
@NPO @gonefishing we can speculate until the cows come home, but the only one(s) with the direct answers are Mr. H and the original Lincolns (1-4, maybe 5 as well).

@MeatWagon, again, it was a prototype sent for the supervisors, and administrative staff to test out, and offer input on.

When they make the order (if in fact it is this exact model they so choose) it will probably be the first one of around 5-10 transit vans. This is the way nearly every purchase order of new units has gone since I have been here. These are facts.

The man is huge on taking every step to ensure smooth, proper, and safe purchases. This is all I can share, and these are again, firsthand facts.

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
I always thought that it was 2 diffrent chassis.

The Express / Savannah chassis is available as a complete vehicle or cutaway. Same as Eseries vans. Same as sprinter, and transit too.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
The Express / Savannah chassis is available as a complete vehicle or cutaway. Same as Eseries vans. Same as sprinter, and transit too.

Ah ok. The express I always assumed was one whole van. Horrible horrible ride

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Hell with it just buy Fraizer's lol.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Well you know what they say about FORD...... [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea First On Race Day.