HALL AMBULANCE

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I hate the huge tire gap around the front wheels. I don't know why it bugs me so much.

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
I hate the huge tire gap around the front wheels. I don't know why it bugs me so much.
Me too. The old one was this way too. It's because thats the same size tire as the rear tires, so they only have to carry one spare. The rear has less clearance because of the kneeling back end.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

It's for when they run 40 inch mud terrains on that bad boy.

Reactions: NPO

VentMonkey

Family Guy
IMG_0407.JPG
IMG_0406.JPG

I'll try and put up some pics of the interior if I can later. Anyhow, the entire unit runs on one A/C. There's no separate A/C for each compartment.

Some of the specs the EMT's like, others may take some getting used to. It's essentially an identical body as our current beast. This one is on an International chassis, the other is on a Freightliner chassis.

Again, no speculating here. This is directly from the hard working folks in our ground division.

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
View attachment 3882 View attachment 3881
I'll try and put up some pics of the interior if I can later. Anyhow, the entire unit runs on one A/C. There's no separate A/C for each compartment.

Some of the specs the EMT's like, others may take some getting used to. It's essentially an identical body as our current beast. This one is on an International chassis, the other is on a Freightliner chassis.

Again, no speculating here. This is directly from the hard working folks in our ground division.
The ONLY thing I'm hoping is that it has dual saddle tanks, rather than one like the old one.

Thanks for the clarification, wonder what the thing in the roof is.

CALEMT

CALEMT

Serious question. Do you need a class B license to drive that thing? Whats the weight on it?

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
Serious question. Do you need a class B license to drive that thing? Whats the weight on it?
No. It's under 26,000lbs. It does have air brakes though. It's kind of a grey area because there is no air brakes endorsement for a noncommercial class c license.

CALEMT

It's kind of a grey area because there is no air brakes endorsement for a noncommercial class c license.

Gray area indeed. One would think with air brakes it would make it a class B. Either way that thing is a beast.

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
Gray area indeed. One would think with air brakes it would make it a class B. Either way that thing is a beast.
The only thing that makes a Class B vehicle is it's GVWR, and this is specifically under 26,001lbs lol

I've seen moving trucks on similar chassis. I can't imagine "Meathead Movers" hires and pays for CDLs lol

CALEMT

The only thing that makes a Class B vehicle is it's GVWR, and this is specifically under 26,001lbs lol

I've seen moving trucks on similar chassis. I can't imagine "Meathead Movers" hires and pays for CDLs lol

True true. But I remember the DMV being kinda "funny" when a vehicle has air brakes.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
View attachment 3882 View attachment 3881

IMG_0410.JPG
IMG_0411.JPG
IMG_0412.JPG
IMG_0413.JPG

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
That is a massive ambulance but the pictures make the patient compartment seem very small (TWSS)

VentMonkey

Family Guy
That is a massive ambulance but the pictures make the patient compartment seem very small (TWSS)
My former partner slid them my way. They've been out all day on an LDT. Ya' get what ya' get...

CALEMT

I want to drive it... just to say I did.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Y'all should have looked at Fraziers. Same result, way cheaper.

CALEMT

Y'all should have looked at Fraziers. Same result, way cheaper.

Totally off topic but I wish we had Fraziers out here. County fire has their type 1's and I'm a huge fan of the separate a/c that runs off the generator. Works amazing out here especially on those days where its 120+

Totally off topic but I wish we had Fraziers out here. County fire has their type 1's and I'm a huge fan of the separate a/c that runs off the generator. Works amazing out here especially on those days where its 120+

I'm looking forward to the Type 1 I'll be rolling in starting tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk