General suggestion to anyone who will listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

All Ryle Dup

Forum Crew Member
Generally, I've been looking at various posts and threads on this site as of late. Although, I am no scholar or perfect being, I have noticed that there are more spelling and grammatical errors than I can shake a stick at. Which, in my opinion, makes us look dumb and plays into the many stereotypes of EMS folks being lazy, etc.
Just spell check stuff... Please, you've got the interwebs at your fingertips, use it.

God forbid you get dragged into court, and your poorly written, ratchet PCR is displayed for everyone, looking like a 3rd grader wrote it. Be a professional on and off the clock.

Sorry for the rant.

I'm not a junior mod... Just saying, this is a public EMS forum (which could easily be on the first page of a Google search for EMS, EMT, etc.)
Anyone could be reading; represent us well my brothers and sisters.

Arovetli

Forum Captain
Generally, I've been looking at various posts and threads on this site as of late. Although, I am no scholar or perfect being, I have noticed that there are more spelling and grammatical errors than I can shake a stick at. Which, in my opinion, makes us look dumb and plays into the many stereotypes of EMS folks being lazy, etc.
Just spell check stuff... Please, you've got the interwebs at your fingertips, use it.

God forbid you get dragged into court, and your poorly written, ratchet PCR is displayed for everyone, looking like a 3rd grader wrote it. Be a professional on and off the clock.

Sorry for the rant.

I'm not a junior mod... Just saying, this is a public EMS forum (which could easily be on the first page of a Google search for EMS, EMT, etc.)

Yeah kid, that's called tapatalk and the iPhone.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
An internet forum really isn't indicative of the way we write our charts. Errors happen, and as long as the syntax is there and understandable, I'm not bothered too much by these kinds of miss steaks :p

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
I ain't speak American dat good :sad:

Mariemt

Forum Captain

Sorry for the rant.

I don't generally write my narratives from my cell phones for it to make the mistakes it does on message boards. However, good job looking anal!

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
Grammar_Nazis____The_Motivator_by_ZlayaHozyayka.jpg

Arovetli

Forum Captain
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371389003.597547.jpg

OP
OP
All Ryle Dup

All Ryle Dup

Forum Crew Member
Lol. Don't get all ryled up.

See what I did there?

It does reflect on your image(s) regardless of whether you think it does or not.
Waaah, waaah, waaah... EMS is this, EMS is that... Waaaah is what I see a lot on this board. Be part of the solution not part of the problem.

Don't be naive either. Looking like a bunch of tool bags who can't even spell ambuliance and experiannce or oxygin.

Laughable. Take the 3 seconds on your phone to make yourself look somewhat presentable to your readers. Given that the only way anyone sees/knows you and decides whether you are respectable, knowledgable, and actually know what you're talking about - as opposed to having clown shoes in your closet for your other day job - is your dialouge on the forum.

And Ps. All of my posts are via iPhone, and I don't seem to have a problem.

Farmer2DO

Forum Captain

Sorry for the rant.

Most reasonable people realize that people make goofs. When you're on your phone and posting on here, it's easy to make mistakes, and on any forum, you can get someone who'll jump all over you for switching to and too. They come off as D-bags.

You're right, however. When people write a post and they've slaughtered the language, it's irritating. It makes the poster look either uneducated or lazy. Even when posting from my phone, I try to review before I submit. The fact is, if you want to be taken seriously, and viewed as a professional, using teenage text slang and ignoring grammar is not the way to do it. If you want people to respect what you have to say, say it correctly.

Your comment about this being a public forum and open to be read by others is a valid one.

OP
OP
All Ryle Dup

All Ryle Dup

Forum Crew Member
Sorry to throw the guy I like the most on this forum under the bus, but how about this for amusing....

Anyone notice anything ironic in this picture???
7BB76D27-A628-4061-83A7-4A363E07CC07-27761-0000148AFBC75863.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 219
Last edited by a moderator:

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
Just because I advocate for EMS professionals completing a higher education, does not mean I can't poke fun at the current situation. Plus, I am pretty guilty of many grammar offenses on this forum. Also to be fair.... my forum avatar is a troll face....

Mariemt

Forum Captain
I will usually do a quick once over before submitting my post but I'm not too worried about it. I have other things to worry about.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
If I notice gross mistakes in a post that I write, I try to go back and fix it. But I certainly don't lose sleep over it.

And 95% of my posts are done with speech to text on my iPhone.

I guess the Grammar Gurus have to find something to focus on.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Not for nothing, but my elementary school teachers would have been all over the grammar and syntax in the first post. Practice what you preach.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I normally don't proof read my posts. If my autocorrect/spellcheck software doesn't catch a mistake then it normally gets posted. Only 4 or 5 people on this forum know my real name so this does not reflect on who I really am or how I treat my patients. I also like to do the occasional internet troll.

I've seen many nurses, PhD professors, MDs, with spelling and grammar mistakes. Everyone makes them. All I can say is that if you are a grammar nazi and are using the Internet, be ready for a lifetime of pain and suffering. At least we don't really use lmao, lol, lolz, OMG, WTF, BAMF, etc that much while posting. I've used the occasional lolz though.

Arovetli

Forum Captain
Sorry to throw the guy I like the most on this forum under the bus, but how about this for amusing....

Anyone notice anything ironic in this picture???
7BB76D27-A628-4061-83A7-4A363E07CC07-27761-0000148AFBC75863.jpg

Did you not have anything better to do with your Sunday Morning? Like wake up next to a beautiful woman or go to a place of worship? Or at least watch Sports Center?

That sir, is a far worse offense than calling out strangers on the Internet as to how their thumbs manipulate keys measures in centimeters.

Um...see what I did there??

Perhaps I should post a missive about comparing EMS to combat marines and offending veterans. That was you, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.