General suggestion to anyone who will listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Sorry to throw the guy I like the most on this forum under the bus, but how about this for amusing....

Anyone notice anything ironic in this picture???
7BB76D27-A628-4061-83A7-4A363E07CC07-27761-0000148AFBC75863.jpg

As opposed to the unintentional error in this post?

Lol. Don't get all ryled up.

See what I did there?

It does reflect on your image(s) regardless of whether you think it does or not.
Waaah, waaah, waaah... EMS is this, EMS is that... Waaaah is what I see a lot on this board. Be part of the solution not part of the problem.

Don't be naive either. Looking like a bunch of tool bags who can't even spell ambuliance and experiannce or oxygin.

Laughable. Take the 3 seconds on your phone to make yourself look somewhat presentable to your readers. Given that the only way anyone sees/knows you and decides whether you are respectable, knowledgable, and actually know what you're talking about - as opposed to having clown shoes in your closet for your other day job - is your dialouge on the forum.

And Ps. All of my posts are via iPhone, and I don't seem to have a problem.

Here's the deal. Correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation are things that make it easier for people to read your posts here, but it is not an absolute requirement. We generally let these items slide as long as the post is intelligible.

However, if a member wants to take it upon themselves to correct all spelling and grammar errors on this forum by pointing them out in a very public way, that member should be prepared to become the focus of the complete and undivided attention of the Community Leaders.

Arovetli

Forum Captain

How's it gonna go again when you "get dragged into court" and asked to explain what this stands for?

Or is this a measure of what you consider to be off the clock professionalism?

Yeah I'll wager there are no lol, lmaos, lmfaos, or roflcopters in your charts...because the Internet=/=reality

Last edited by a moderator:

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
pursuing*, noted. :p

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
I think it is also worth mentioning this is an international forum, I am posting from Denmark, and people are posting from all over the world. English is not everyone's first language. Also, some members have dyslexia and other issues. In addition to that, many members post from smart phones or tablets while on the the bus, sitting in the ambulance between calls, ect.
EMTLIFE is not a peer reviewed academic resource. EMTLIFE is also not a legal document.

Your point is valid but perhaps its delivery was a little blunt.

JPINFV

Gadfly
As long as I can still use Comic Sans.

OP
OP
All Ryle Dup

All Ryle Dup

Forum Crew Member
For everyone who has their panties all bunched - (Judge: Would the witness please elaborate on what that means?") - instead of being offended, just look at the bigger picture here. I do make mistakes as well- as I said in the very first paragraph of the OP. I am also aware that gaffs occur... To everyone.
Whilst taking note of the numerous misspellings, and giving my opinion I seem to have a lot of you all wadded up. I am not suggesting I am infallible.

I'm not a grammar Nazi, and I'm not off to hurt your feelings. You'd think you guys would have a little tougher skin- or are you EMTLIFErs the ones in the HR office on the regular? I refer you to the title: GENERAL SUGGESTION (meaning "I'm just saying") FOR ANYONE WHO WILL LISTEN (meaning I invite you not to if you're going to freak out.) I'm not slamming anyone. I guess I should have prefaced my post with something comical to take the edge off.

Also, it's nothing personal against any of you, it was a general observation. As for having a good laugh and joke- yeah guys, I'm all about it. If you're gonna post about something that has to do with your knowledge, while it doesn't need to be perfect to please me aesthetically, the majority of your i's should be crossed and your t's should be dotted ....

See how dumb that makes me look, and yes it was intentional ...
Your post isn't a thesis, and there is not really a need to "proof read" everything. However, if you butcher it - you will get called out. Big boy/girl rules apply.

Final thought: I'm not here to be an arrogant prick, but I do have many leather bound books and my carpet smells of rich mahogany. I'm kind of a big deal. ;)
If this thread gets even one person to start thinking differently, for the better, about others' perception of their suitability and professionalism, and to become more cognizant of that fact either on or off duty to represent EMS more professionally at any time, then I call that a win.

OP
OP
All Ryle Dup

All Ryle Dup

Forum Crew Member
I think it is also worth mentioning this is an international forum, I am posting from Denmark, and people are posting from all over the world. English is not everyone's first language. Also, some members have dyslexia and other issues. In addition to that, many members post from smart phones or tablets while on the the bus, sitting in the ambulance between calls, ect.
EMTLIFE is not a peer reviewed academic resource. EMTLIFE is also not a legal document.

Your point is valid but perhaps its delivery was a little blunt.

Sorry brother. ;)
Good point on the international comment. I had not thought of that; thank you for educating. Apologies for the direct approach; it was more intended to be in jest rather than to be sour.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
If you think the grammar and spelling are bad here you haven't spent much time on other forums.

OP
OP
All Ryle Dup

All Ryle Dup

Forum Crew Member
...your post...

+1
I agree.
Although, in regards to the bigger picture here. It was to direct attention to the fact that this very public forum is just that, and that we should keep that in mind when posting. Surely, it's a virtual place to relax and have fun and occasionally vent, where there aren't very many requirements other than the "Golden Rule."

Also, I have no doubt that I will make a typo or grammatical error sooner or later. I also have no doubt that you guys will pounce on me like a lion pouncing on an injured fawn. I welcome the constructive criticism and scrutiny.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
For everyone who has their panties all bunched - (Judge: Would the witness please elaborate on what that means?") - instead of being offended, just look at the bigger picture here. I do make mistakes as well- as I said in the very first paragraph of the OP. I am also aware that gaffs occur... To everyone.
Whilst taking note of the numerous misspellings, and giving my opinion I seem to have a lot of you all wadded up. I am not suggesting I am infallible.

I'm not a grammar Nazi, and I'm not off to hurt your feelings. You'd think you guys would have a little tougher skin- or are you EMTLIFErs the ones in the HR office on the regular? I refer you to the title: GENERAL SUGGESTION (meaning "I'm just saying") FOR ANYONE WHO WILL LISTEN (meaning I invite you not to if you're going to freak out.) I'm not slamming anyone. I guess I should have prefaced my post with something comical to take the edge off.

Also, it's nothing personal against any of you, it was a general observation. As for having a good laugh and joke- yeah guys, I'm all about it. If you're gonna post about something that has to do with your knowledge, while it doesn't need to be perfect to please me aesthetically, the majority of your i's should be crossed and your t's should be dotted ....

See how dumb that makes me look, and yes it was intentional ...
Your post isn't a thesis, and there is not really a need to "proof read" everything. However, if you butcher it - you will get called out. Big boy/girl rules apply.

Final thought: I'm not here to be an arrogant prick, but I do have many leather bound books and my carpet smells of rich mahogany. I'm kind of a big deal. ;)
If this thread gets even one person to start thinking differently, for the better, about others' perception of their suitability and professionalism, and to become more cognizant of that fact either on or off duty to represent EMS more professionally at any time, then I call that a win.

And my point was that if you make it your hobby to point out spelling/grammar errors here, you will eventually run afoul of OUR rules, which are the only ones that apply here.

OP
OP
All Ryle Dup

All Ryle Dup

Forum Crew Member
Angry bird

your personal attack

42F8255C-7077-4671-9F1B-F92976BA0BEA-27761-000014C0EE6B2798.jpg

Why are you perpetuating the falsehood that I intentionally disrespected a veteran? Because I can assure you that that did not happen. Read the entire thread if that is what you think happened. I think your memory may be impaired.

"Do you have nothing better to do?"

Also, no need to reply... I'm not looking to wage a keyboard war on you.
Don't stroke out either.

OP
OP
All Ryle Dup

All Ryle Dup

Forum Crew Member
And my point was that if you make it your hobby to point out spelling/grammar errors here, you will eventually run afoul of OUR rules, which are the only ones that apply here.

Point taken. It won't become a hobby.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
42F8255C-7077-4671-9F1B-F92976BA0BEA-27761-000014C0EE6B2798.jpg

Why are you perpetuating the falsehood that I intentionally disrespected a veteran? Because I can assure you that that did not happen. Read the entire thread if that is what you think happened. I think your memory may be impaired.

"Do you have nothing better to do?"

Also, no need to reply... I'm not looking to wage a keyboard war on you.
Don't stroke out either.
Knock if off.

signadmin1.gif

JPINFV

Gadfly
If internet message boards is supposed to be a true reflection on the profession, than what does Student Doctor Network say about physicians?

Arovetli

Forum Captain
If internet message boards is supposed to be a true reflection on the profession, than what does Student Doctor Network say about physicians?

That D.O.'s work at WalMart and I Can Haz Cheezburger.

That place used to be alot better ten years ago. Kids these days...

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Yea us damn kids are ruining this world.

Achilles

Forum Moron
An entire thread of calling people out and this is my first post?
I should get a cookie!

Arovetli

Forum Captain
Yea us damn kids are ruining this world.

With yer memes n twitters n loud music. And that's when the factory goes under, the whole town goes under, and that's when the :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:s come in...

...Please tell me someone got that...

Status
Not open for further replies.