Gaming at Post

Chris07

Competent in Incompetence
My partner and I are both casual video gamers. One day while sitting at post, bored out of our minds, we began thinking about how we could set up a console video game system in our type II ambulance while sitting at post. It firt started as a kind of joke, then it evolved into a serious search for answers. We realized however that if we set up a console we would need the following:
A small TV
Power outlet (back's got plenty)
Ability to easily store and carry it (compact)
Fast setup and even faster tear down.

A quick search revealed:
https://gaemspge.com/sentry

Seemed to be a legitimate solution. Unfortunately for us we both have classic Playstation 3s (which are not compatible due to size) so our dream ended there.

Have any of you ever used this product? Have you ever seen anyone lug around a tv and xbox in their rig? Too geeky? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you suppose your supervisor or management would have to say if they rolled up on you guys while you had a TV and game console propped up on the dash playing mortal kombat?

As long as it doesn't violate company policy or hinder the crew's ability to respond, than why should it matter?

Mariemt

Forum Captain
I don't think the TV and console show much for professionalism when you get the pt in the back Lol.

But hey, whatever passes the time

Anjel

Forum Angel
I've seen someone do it. A member on here actually. He had a small TV set on top of the MDT. And just hide it when you get a call.

I would make sure to sit out of the publics eye though.

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
I used to do it on night shifts at my ift job. But I used to do it on my laptop. Just made sure to hide it when I wasn't using it.

Achilles

Forum Moron
There's an ambulance company here that has a tv inside and a play station 3 in it already. It's it the back though.

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
I've been known to play movies for my patients during longer IFTs. I just don't serve peanuts.

mike1390

Forum Captain
we used to have a crew that would bring a 15 inch Flat screen and an Xbox... They were the night shift averaged 2-3 calls so a lot of gaming was had.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I've been known to play movies for my patients during longer IFTs. I just don't serve peanuts.

Anytime we do a long distance pedi IFT I beg and plead for someone to lend an iPad. Throw Despicable Me on and suddenly it's like "hey when did this weird thing get stuck in my arm?"

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Kind of an unwritten rule that we all break. Likely any for profit business would not like their employees tuned into the tube or game in the eye of the public. My agency doesn't even want your phone out on scene or in view of the public. As I said "doesn't want" turns into we don't really care- you can't expect us to not live our lives just because we're on your time.

I say go for it, but don't let it get out.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
There's an ambulance company here that has a tv inside and a play station 3 in it already. It's it the back though.

Would this be the same company that has the Play Station logo on the side of their ambulance?

Anjel

Forum Angel

Mariemt

Forum Captain
Anytime we do a long distance pedi IFT I beg and plead for someone to lend an iPad. Throw Despicable Me on and suddenly it's like "hey when did this weird thing get stuck in my arm?"

When we ordered our ambulance they threw in a DVD system with a pull down flat screen. I can't believe how it has come in handy

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

Their rigs were quite popular on our hurricane Sandy deployment.

We had one crew a couple of years ago who brought a small flat screen TV and an xbox on shift. They would play it while posting and then tuck it away when they got a call.