Funny Ems phrases

mantree

Forum Probie
When a patient has multiple "CC" we call it poly-ouchieitus

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
Had a cop ask a prisoner (drunk) if he wanted to go to jail or the hospital. He looked at me, then my partner (driver) stated that he had gone to the hospital with my driver before, and he was the worst driver ever, and would rather go to jail. He walked over to the police car and let himself in the back door.
Partner was upset, he had never seen the guy before and had only worked in that county for a month.

The rest of us were laughing so hard the guy could have escaped

Giant81

Forum Lieutenant
We call the auto-pulse a geezer squeezer

Knuckles

Forum Probie
Only if its coupled with the common disease known as stupidity. Clearly she didnt think it through if she was trying to get out of a $100-$200 ticket and opted for an $800 car ride

She’s not stupid, she suffers from a common condition called Colon-Cranial Inversion (head up her arse).

The Possum

Forum Crew Member
"Pop Drop". When the family calls 911 because grandpa at home is allegedly "sick." This normally occurs the day before a holiday weekend begins. Signs include arriving at the call residence and finding the Pts family in the driveway and their SUV packed. You then take the elderly parent away for some state/county sponsored babysitting while the family goes to Wally World.

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
Where I work PT now, people are shocked when they get a $6,000 ambulance bill: 130 miles to the closest hospital.
Usually people catch the fun bus with a 1 way ticket gamble their money away and then call 911 for a ride close to their home and are shocked to get a bill.
More shocked when they are taken to court and have to pay.