FDNY EMS Candidates

JRellsz

Forum Crew Member
List number # 2xx
Score: 80

Can anyone tell me if this is a good number and whether its better thab lets say 1400 or it doesn't matter?

I got a 75.. It matters in that you will most likely be in the first academy when they start our list. It's a great number out of 1400

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
I got a 75.. It matters in that you will most likely be in the first academy when they start our list. It's a great number out of 1400

I wonder when the physical letters will start going out

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member

Did you get those extra points for cevo?

JRellsz

Forum Crew Member
Did you get those extra points for cevo?

I think I did, either that or the hazmat training but hey I'm not questioning/complaining.. I know someone else with a 75 who's in the 1100's so yeah. Physical letters.. Hopefully since our numbers are decent it will be within 2-3 months

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
I think I did, either that or the hazmat training but hey I'm not questioning/complaining.. I know someone else with a 75 who's in the 1100's so yeah. Physical letters.. Hopefully since our numbers are decent it will be within 2-3 months

I agree.

Hey, does your dcas letter alao say weight 100% ? I have no idea whay that means:wacko:

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant
i got it!

Hey guys! Just got my list number in too. 1##!!!! Really hoping make the academy in October just gotta find a place to live in nyc now lol. 4Hrs both ways isnt a drive i want everyday lol any ideas?

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Hey guys! Just got my list number in too. 1##!!!! Really hoping make the academy in October just gotta find a place to live in nyc now lol. 4Hrs both ways isnt a drive i want everyday lol any ideas?

Isn't the first academy in September?
You can try nj or brooklyn or bronx, not the best places to live but the most cheapest and then when your pay goes up you can move to a better place I currently live in Brooklyn

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant
Isn't the first academy in September?
You can try nj or brooklyn or bronx, not the best places to live but the most cheapest and then when your pay goes up you can move to a better place I currently live in Brooklyn

Cool, thanks. I don't make much in RI so it'll be hard to save for, but I'll find a way. Do they have cheap places down there? Or are they all pretty expensive? I need to support my place in ny for the academy and a wide and kids in RI.... i need to find a way even if i have to split an apartment.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Cool, thanks. I don't make much in RI so it'll be hard to save for, but I'll find a way. Do they have cheap places down there? Or are they all pretty expensive? I need to support my place in ny for the academy and a wide and kids in RI.... i need to find a way even if i have to split an apartment.

you could always rent a room which will be the cheapest option you can always rent a studio in a bad part of town for around $1000 all utilities included but I mean it's expensive and cheap depending on where you go you can find a room for like four or five hundred bucks a month in places like Ridgewood Queens and Maspeth Queens and maybe even Chinatown Brooklyn

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant
So the first academy is supposed to start in September? I heard August, but then again that's not far apart so i don't think it really matters. Ideas when agility calls will be made?

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
So the first academy is supposed to start in September? I heard August, but then again that's not far apart so i don't think it really matters. Ideas when agility calls will be made?

my guess is the physical exam the letters could arrive in a month to 3 months and then of course is that psychological meeting with the investigator the medical not necessarily in that order and the calorie is around September or so graduate in 10 weeks pobably start working around January

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant
you could always rent a room which will be the cheapest option you can always rent a studio in a bad part of town for around $1000 all utilities included but I mean it's expensive and cheap depending on where you go you can find a room for like four or five hundred bucks a month in places like Ridgewood Queens and Maspeth Queens and maybe even Chinatown Brooklyn

Yeah $1000 it's easy more than i can afford. Renting a 3 bedroom apartment right now for 750. So i guess a room it is! Thanks for all the info. Your a huge help.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Yeah $1000 it's easy more than i can afford. Renting a 3 bedroom apartment right now for 750. So i guess a room it is! Thanks for all the info. Your a huge help.

yeah no problem if you have any questions you could private message me and you having experience you can easily get a job here doing transport or maybe even the hospital but you will get high for transport and you'll make 11 dollars an hour depending on where you work there's always over time but yeah you could always stay where you are and just drive down until Academy starts

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant
Wow, i know a few guys on the job and they don't even have that much info. They still do the physical agility? Or is it just medical and psych now?

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member

my list number is in the 200's and reading the earlier post on this forum from the 2012 exam people around my number got basically hired in under a year so we're looking at the same time and you probably sooner since you're in the hundreds

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant
Yeah, i was gonna drive down for all appointments then move for the academy. Gives me time to save.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Wow, i know a few guys on the job and they don't even have that much info. They still do the physical agility? Or is it just medical and psych now?

first they call you for the physical then the intake tThe psych then the medical and I think that's it

I know quite a few people working and I always read the forums, thats where I get the info

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Yeah, i was gonna drive down for all appointments then move for the academy. Gives me time to save.

that sounds like the best plan

EMTVeg

Forum Captain

I live in sugar hill Harlem in manhattan. I love it. Easy commute to any borough. The academy was rough but after that all is well.