FDNY EMS Candidates

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
Very true. Guess I am more used to when you wear the dress shirt its like a parade that you wear the whole outfit. Got it though. Thanks

You aren't going to a parade haha good luck in the academy.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
The list will probably be established around march-April of this year and then you possibly won't hear back for another 3-12 months depending on your list number

And then they start calling for the physical?

aq40

Forum Crew Member

Most likely, the first time I hear back after the DCAS confirmation is when they send you a physical notice a week before actually test. I suggest that you try eating healthier and working out. I'm in decent shape and my legs still felt like noodles last 30 secs on the stair mill.

EMTVeg

Forum Captain

No, they will exhaust the current list before they start doing anything with the new list. I was in the 300's of the list they are currently on. I applied in Sept 2012. I got my list number in March of 2013. Physical was April 2013, Intake was June, medical was the end of June, and psych was July. I was hiring in September of 2014. There are a lot of variables though that effect how fast or slow the process goes.

aq40

Forum Crew Member
I'm assuming they'll be done with 3024 over the next few months. Most of us that took the PAT this past sunday were in the upper 1200s close to 1300s. The list pretty much ends before 1320 on exam 3024.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
I'm assuming they'll be done with 3024 over the next few months. Most of us that took the PAT this past sunday were in the upper 1200s close to 1300s. The list pretty much ends before 1320 on exam 3024.

So basically 1320 people applied it seems?

JRellsz

Forum Crew Member
Is it true that whoever applied first has a better list number , who have the same score ? How do they put the 70's in order.. Who's the first 70 and who's the last ?

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
3024? Yea roughly about 1320 eligibles.

So after they weed out felonies, bad driving records, people fail physical, people drop out, out of those 1300 how many graduate roughly and become emts and medics?

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
So after they weed out felonies, bad driving records, people fail physical, people drop out, out of those 1300 how many graduate roughly and become emts and medics?

They don't publish those numbers and that 1300 are all EMT's. Medics are on seperate lists.

ksquire222

Forum Crew Member
Just a little FYI for those awaiting upcoming classes:

I'm in the current class and in talking to a couple of the others, the highest number I've heard they reached for this class is in the 580s. Also, the instructor stated that they are going to be doing a class in April. I'll update if I hear of a higher number or updated date for the next class.

aq40

Forum Crew Member
What's the class size btw? And I heard there's usually two going on, one in the morning and another in the evening.

aq40

Forum Crew Member
I think graduation is late march/early April they started in January and there's an April class set I believe.