FDNY EMS Candidates

Fsanacore

Forum Crew Member
You're from exam 3024 sept 2012 right??
And most likely, got to call and ask to reschedule

Yes, exam 3024 list no.812. This was my last step, i completed everything else. I was scheduled for March 11th at 6:45am. I called my investigator and she informed me that i would just be scheduled for the next exam date (of which she did not know). I hope she's right. I had to email CID to request a new date.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Yes, exam 3024 list no.812. This was my last step, i completed everything else. I was scheduled for March 11th at 6:45am. I called my investigator and she informed me that i would just be scheduled for the next exam date (of which she did not know). I hope she's right. I had to email CID to request a new date.

Hopefully the next one is in a month or two

Fsanacore

Forum Crew Member
Hopefully the next one is in a month or two

Yea hopefully. If your in the other side of the country on the exam date do they really expect you to fly back? CRAZY!

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant
That's what i did. I was on a double BLS truck for a bit, then when got an interfacility transport contract. Was a paramedic lvl truck and was the best choice i made. Now i'm at another company and working nothing but ALS. Good part is ALS doesnt do discharges, ONLY 911.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
That's what i did. I was on a double BLS truck for a bit, then when got an interfacility transport contract. Was a paramedic lvl truck and was the best choice i made. Now i'm at another company and working nothing but ALS. Good part is ALS doesnt do discharges, ONLY 911.

Yes, I can't handle riding the van and doing dialysis, it's as if the mod demands respect on the road haha, but on a serious note, 90% of calls are emergencies and I am abke to get my hands wet, with either 3 or 12 leads, administration of meds etc, it's a great thing for when you want to become a medic as it will take out most of the stress you will encounter on your ride alongs during medic school.

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant
Yes, I can't handle riding the van and doing dialysis, it's as if the mod demands respect on the road haha, but on a serious note, 90% of calls are emergencies and I am abke to get my hands wet, with either 3 or 12 leads, administration of meds etc, it's a great thing for when you want to become a medic as it will take out most of the stress you will encounter on your ride alongs during medic school.

It really does. I'd like to get my medic through the department, and I'm much more comfortable now trying it then before I was on an ALS truck. You just learn so much more.

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant
Anybody else on here in the 100's or 200's?

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant
Does anyone know the start date for Aprils academy?

Not quite sure. was hearing middle of the month but can ask again. would your investigator or the recruit line know?

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant
Does anyone have a medical exam scheduled after March 11th?

Haven't gotten a medical letter, or even an agility letter yet. You on 3024 or 4004?

Fsanacore

Forum Crew Member
Haven't gotten a medical letter, or even an agility letter yet. You on 3024 or 4004?

Exam 3024, list no.812

I took the exam September 2012 and went for my agility November 2013. After the agility, everything esle was about three weeks to a month apart from each other.

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant
Exam 3024, list no.812

I took the exam September 2012 and went for my agility November 2013. After the agility, everything esle was about three weeks to a month apart from each other.

Being in the100's i hope it moves a lot faster for me. I hear they're lookibg for a lot of guys in the Bronx. My buddies looking forward to it he's tired of being mandated lol. I was told his station is really hurting for people.

Fsanacore

Forum Crew Member
Being in the100's i hope it moves a lot faster for me. I hear they're lookibg for a lot of guys in the Bronx. My buddies looking forward to it he's tired of being mandated lol. I was told his station is really hurting for people.

yea, it should move faster for you with a number in the 100's

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
You know how comforting it is to hear that? Lol

If everything goes fine, you'll be done with physical in a few weeks, the rest will soon follow and should be In September academy :)

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant
If everything goes fine, you'll be done with physical in a few weeks, the rest will soon follow and should be In September academy :)

few weeks? you think it'll be that quick? i know they're pushing to get guys into the academy, but you think they're gonna move that fast?

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
few weeks? you think it'll be that quick? i know they're pushing to get guys into the academy, but you think they're gonna move that fast?

Last exam, 3024, someone who was in low 100s, got her list # beginning of march, physical was end of march and everything else followed a few weeks of each other and she got into the first class, granted they had earlier classes but that was for the test given a year earlier and they were finishing up with people

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member

Why are they pushing people? Low amount of guys on streets?