FDNY EMS Candidates

Ryan815

Forum Lieutenant
it really depends on how many people they need ... i think a lot of the lists are usually utilized close to exhaustion

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Are you able to take the civil exam every year? Lets say I took last years, can I take this years because I have more points?

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
Are you able to take the civil exam every year? Lets say I took last years, can I take this years because I have more points?

Lists are used till exhaustion or until the lists expires. The 2012 list will expire in 2017. Lists are usually exhausted after a year or year and a half so there would be no reason to retake it if you have more points because even if you are at the end of the 2013 list you are ahead of the first person on the 2014 list.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Thank you, this cleared up so much for me. I have one more question for people who went through the medical, I know that they do xrays amd I have scoliosis which is ben of the spine, its minor and I was able to join the military brcause I was well within the range and I have fulll motion, I am able to lift weights and do volunteer Ems? Should this be a problem with fdny during their medical?

Thank you to any one who can help,

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Bending of the spine* sorry

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
Thank you, this cleared up so much for me. I have one more question for people who went through the medical, I know that they do xrays amd I have scoliosis which is ben of the spine, its minor and I was able to join the military brcause I was well within the range and I have fulll motion, I am able to lift weights and do volunteer Ems? Should this be a problem with fdny during their medical?

Thank you to any one who can help,

They will definitely X-ray but will also probably require additional documentation from any orthopedic Dr you have seen and may require additional tests. I think that depends on the Dr you get during your medical. I know some diabetics at my medical were told they had to do some crazy stuff and additional tests.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
They will definitely X-ray but will also probably require additional documentation from any orthopedic Dr you have seen and may require additional tests. I think that depends on the Dr you get during your medical. I know some diabetics at my medical were told they had to do some crazy stuff and additional tests.

I just need to get paper work I see so I can have it when they call me but both my regular doctor and orthopedic doctors say I'm fine and fit for duty, they made me do weird bending exercises for 20 minutes haha, glad to say, no pain and no problems.

Thanks guys

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
Did anyone who is going into September 23rds class get their official letter yet?