FDNY EMS Candidates

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
What call you think I am talking about? Haha

I dont know! Lmfao. I just got the official letter today in what to bring the first day of classes and what not.

ksquire222

Forum Crew Member
Congrats to everyone that has gotten the call. It seems as 46x, I should be in the next class. I have only done the physical, and am still waiting for the letter on my investigation. Hopefully it comes soon. Good luck to everyone that will be starting the academy.

Just a tip to throw out there...those that have the option of going per diem with their current job, I would suggest you do it. I've run in to a few of my former IFT co-workers and they said the academy was making them go broke.

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
Congrats to everyone that has gotten the call. It seems as 46x, I should be in the next class. I have only done the physical, and am still waiting for the letter on my investigation. Hopefully it comes soon. Good luck to everyone that will be starting the academy.

Just a tip to throw out there...those that have the option of going per diem with their current job, I would suggest you do it. I've run in to a few of my former IFT co-workers and they said the academy was making them go broke.

You get paid in the academy. Unless they were making more where they were before the academy. Lol

ksquire222

Forum Crew Member
You get paid in the academy. Unless they were making more where they were before the academy. Lol

Sorry, let me rephrase. Yes, you do get paid in the academy, but it is a set amount. No option for OT...so yes, most of them did make more than the academy.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
the beginning salary at 31,931. Starts the day of orientation. I was told that when I go for my uniform fitting and IDs I have to finish payroll and other forms before the 23rd.

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
the beginning salary at 31,931. Starts the day of orientation. I was told that when I go for my uniform fitting and IDs I have to finish payroll and other forms before the 23rd.

I was impressed when they said our insurance starts on day 1.

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
My best friend who is 64x just got her letter to take the physical on the 21st.

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
If you have a chance to go to a gym with a real stairmaster I would encourage it. It is a lot less intimidating if you try it. I would carry 2 20lb dumbbells for 3 minutes. Most stairmasters have the cpat test programmed into them if not just make sure you are going at about 50 steps a minute. If you do it in the gym you can do it at your physical.