FDNY EMS Candidates

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
If you have a chance to go to a gym with a real stairmaster I would encourage it. It is a lot less intimidating if you try it. I would carry 2 20lb dumbbells for 3 minutes. Most stairmasters have the cpat test programmed into them if not just make sure you are going at about 50 steps a minute. If you do it in the gym you can do it at your physical.

59 steps a minute for the fdny test. I conditioned myself first before starting with weights

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
Those 9 steps aren't making a difference haha

Lmfao when your wearing a 40lb vest they do lolol its okay. Everyone is different. They shall find out for themselves and if they are motivated and determined enough then they will pass lol

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
For those who are curious about the stairmaster. Its a minute warmoup with the vest, you come off snd stand and rest with the vest on for 45 seconds and once the 45 seconds is up you jump right back on and go for 3 minutes and 3 seconds straight.

Ryan815

Forum Lieutenant
Well all I don't beleive I have made it through this time around for September's class. I think I may have missed it by maybe 20-30 spots. I will be anxiously awaiting December's class and wish all of you guys the best of luck in the Sept. academy!!

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
I'm keeping hope alive for you my friend. I thought they can call up to this Friday coming ?

They can always call up to a few days before classes start. People may even back out last minute or something may come up.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Hi guys, I had a quick question, I was looking at FDNY EMS EXAM 4004 and it said:

For successful completion,
within the last 5 years, of:
You will receive a an additional 5.000 points

Emergency Vehicle Operators Course (EVOC),
consistent with the 1995 National Standard Curriculum

So would the following course count?

http://coachingsystems.com/home.php?cat=253

It's the official online EVOC course for EVOC I II and III, so if I would take EVOC II (ambulance - online) I should be able to get the five points? I see that actual driving is not required according to EVOC standarts

Thanks

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
Hi guys, I had a quick question, I was looking at FDNY EMS EXAM 4004 and it said:

For successful completion,
within the last 5 years, of:
You will receive a an additional 5.000 points

Emergency Vehicle Operators Course (EVOC),
consistent with the 1995 National Standard Curriculum

So would the following course count?

http://coachingsystems.com/home.php?cat=253

It's the official online EVOC course for EVOC I II and III, so if I would take EVOC II (ambulance - online) I should be able to get the five points? I see that actual driving is not required according to EVOC standarts

Thanks

Let me start by saying I am not familiar with the standards for EVOC. If you are correct and driving isn't a requirement of the standards I would think it would count. I got the 5 points for EVOC and all I did was scan in my completion certificate from the course. My EVOC was just called EVOC though. The course looks like it is only $25. I would say it is worth a shot. If you don't have EVOC or any 911 experience and get the base score of 70 on the "exam" then you definitely will be at the bottoms of the list. I got a 75 because I didn't have any NYC 911 experience just the EVOC and I was in the early 300's. I know other people that got a 75 and were in the 600-800s.

JRellsz

Forum Crew Member
Let me start by saying I am not familiar with the standards for EVOC. If you are correct and driving isn't a requirement of the standards I would think it would count. I got the 5 points for EVOC and all I did was scan in my completion certificate from the course. My EVOC was just called EVOC though. The course looks like it is only $25. I would say it is worth a shot. If you don't have EVOC or any 911 experience and get the base score of 70 on the "exam" then you definitely will be at the bottoms of the list. I got a 75 because I didn't have any NYC 911 experience just the EVOC and I was in the early 300's. I know other people that got a 75 and were in the 600-800s.

Please someone confirm or deny this as I would really like to take the course to get the additional 5 points too

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
Please someone confirm or deny this as I would really like to take the course to get the additional 5 points too

I am not sure anybody on here can guarantee you. The course that he mentioned is only $25. Not like it is a huge loss if you don't get the points.

JRellsz

Forum Crew Member
I am not sure anybody on here can guarantee you. The course that he mentioned is only $25. Not like it is a huge loss if you don't get the points.

I'm thinking of just taking it, as it may be helpful anyway :)

How were you able to take an EVOC course ? Were you sent by your employer or can one just go and sign up for one ?

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
I'm thinking of just taking it, as it may be helpful anyway :)

How were you able to take an EVOC course ? Were you sent by your employer or can one just go and sign up for one ?

I did it in Florida. Just moved to NYC last November. In Florida you can sign up. It is only a 2 day course one day driving one day classroom. Cost like $300 though.

JRellsz

Forum Crew Member
I did it in Florida. Just moved to NYC last November. In Florida you can sign up. It is only a 2 day course one day driving one day classroom. Cost like $300 though.

Ah I'm about to go to Florida ahah

I'm not sure if you can just "sign up" here