FDNY EMS Candidates

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
I say more calls will go out Monday especially since people who were getting calls at the end of the day yesterday were still getting class options.

emtnyc2012

Forum Lieutenant
I say more calls will go out Monday especially since people who were getting calls at the end of the day yesterday were still getting class options.

I hope you are right!!! Few of my fellow employees got the call yesterday they were in the 200s. I have one more fellow employee who is in the 400s and completed the process so I'm hoping he gets the call as well.

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
I hope you are right!!! Few of my fellow employees got the call yesterday they were in the 200s. I have one more fellow employee who is in the 400s and completed the process so I'm hoping he gets the call as well.

I will keep you all posted. I don't think anyone on here is between me at 31x and the 25x person that got called.

Ryan815

Forum Lieutenant

How high into the 400s is he ?

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant

My coworker is 47x and he only completed his physical so far.

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
Did anyone get skipped over? 2 of my friends were skipped and they were in between 100-130

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
I am anxiously waiting today. Not aware of anyone getting skipped over. Your friends know why it happened?

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
I am anxiously waiting today. Not aware of anyone getting skipped over. Your friends know why it happened?

No idea... I feel so bad. Their stress levels are through the roof right now. They called and were told their files are still in "reviewing stages" and that they could be called all the way up to the days before we go for uniform and IDs

Last edited by a moderator:

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
No idea... I feel so bad. Their stress levels are through the roof right now. They called and were told their files are stillnin "reviewing stages"

Does their dcas say they are on an outstanding certification?

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
Does their dcas say they are on an outstanding certification?

Thats the crazy part. It says outstanding certification. But why would they get skipped? I guess they finished with the phone calls... this thread is awfully quiet today. ..

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
Thats the crazy part. It says outstanding certification. But why would they get skipped? I guess they finished with the phone calls... this thread is awfully quiet today. ..

Well nobody has been on here between 250 and me early in the 300s. I know they were still calling today but not sure where they are in the process.

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
Well nobody has been on here between 250 and me early in the 300s. I know they were still calling today but not sure where they are in the process.

Hmmmmm. Im very curious now. I heard they are only taking 120 this time around. . But I domt know how true that is.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Is there a difference between taking the exam on the first day compared to the last day it is available? How do they come up with those numbers? Thanks

Crackcicle

Forum Crew Member
Is there a difference between taking the exam on the first day compared to the last day it is available? How do they come up with those numbers? Thanks

The numbers are based on the results of the exam only - experience, education and background. There is no difference taking it the first day or last day. It isn't an exam so much as an extensive résumé that you fill out online.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
The numbers are based on the results of the exam only - experience, education and background. There is no difference taking it the first day or last day. It isn't an exam so much as an extensive résumé that you fill out online.

I see, thanks, but if 200 people score a 70 because they only have their EMT card, how do they decide whether one person is #20 and the other is #200? Do things like PHTLS, BLS count? Even though they say you do not get any extra points

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
I see, thanks, but if 200 people score a 70 because they only have their EMT card, how do they decide whether one person is #20 and the other is #200? Do things like PHTLS, BLS count? Even though they say you do not get any extra points

Ties are broke based on ur social security number

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Do they generally take every qualifying person before going to the next list or is there a cut off or something. Thanks