FDNY EMS Candidates

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant
The news just keeps getting better and better! Lol

ksquire222

Forum Crew Member
Currently in the academy. According to one of the instructors, they will have a class of about 90 on April 21, a class of 60 in June/July, then a class of 150 in September. Good luck to those waiting. Feel free to ask any questions.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Currently in the academy. According to one of the instructors, they will have a class of about 90 on April 21, a class of 60 in June/July, then a class of 150 in September. Good luck to those waiting. Feel free to ask any questions.

First class for exam 4004 will be sept I'm guessing

Hey everybody list 16* for #4004, I appreciate all the info provided in this thread. I wish all of you well with your journey through the academy, with that said I wouldn't mind a September or later academy for myself my time management isn't the best been up for 2 days now without sleep and medic school will be over by then that would be perfect timing to get myself in order and get rid of these old habits. Anyone here take the exam for firefighter #2000? Thats always been my childhood dream.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Hey everybody list 16* for #4004, I appreciate all the info provided in this thread. I wish all of you well with your journey through the academy, with that said I wouldn't mind a September or later academy for myself my time management isn't the best been up for 2 days now without sleep and medic school will be over by then that would be perfect timing to get myself in order and get rid of these old habits. Anyone here take the exam for firefighter #2000? Thats always been my childhood dream.

As far as the fire side goes, go to the fire forum

If you plan on being a medic, that's great, but most people frown upon using the ems side to advance to fire

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant
September class will probably be the last of the people from 3024 and some people from 4004

Still that many left from 3024?

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant
Yea i think people that are like 1200 still have only gotten there physical letters so idk if they would all make the june class

Geez

As far as the fire side goes, go to the fire forum

If you plan on being a medic, that's great, but most people frown upon using the ems side to advance to fire

I'm not advancing to fire I took the OC in 2012. In order to "advance" you need atleast 2 years on with fdny I believe. Been a tech for 5 years now if my plan was to backdoor my way in I would have. I was just curious if there was anyone in a similar position. God forbid there are people who want to work as a firefighter/medic.

Crackcicle

Forum Crew Member
I'm not advancing to fire I took the OC in 2012. In order to "advance" you need atleast 2 years on with fdny I believe. Been a tech for 5 years now if my plan was to backdoor my way in I would have. I was just curious if there was anyone in a similar position. God forbid there are people who want to work as a firefighter/medic.

If it were to work as a firefighter/medic there probably wouldn't be as much resentment... Just to be a firefighter is the issue

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member

I believe it's a year, regardless of that, the exam is given before the oc, so you will get 2-4 years with EMS anyway.
I was going to take the oc, but as we know, priority goes to minorities, so I didn't want the hassle of someone lower than me getting in, and I do want to be a rescue medic.

Amen to what you said about als fire fighters haha

You guys do know there are fdny firefighters whom still work as medics right? Medic school would be a waste if I was just planning to be a firefighter. Outside of New York medic/firefighter is a normal occurrence. I don't see how preference is given to "minorities" I took the same exam as 40,000+ other people and received a good score and your telling preference got me this far? Ok... I can see where this is going, good luck at the academy everyone.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
You guys do know there are fdny firefighters whom still work as medics right? Medic school would be a waste if I was just planning to be a firefighter. Outside of New York medic/firefighter is a normal occurrence. I don't see how preference is given to "minorities" I took the same exam as 40,000+ other people and received a good score and your telling preference got me this far? Ok... I can see where this is going, good luck at the academy everyone.

Preference is given, I'm sure you've heard the loud noise this made, what got me, were the last comments by the vulcan society, who said they should cut some slack for minorities taking the physical, let them get away with having a 15 min mile and a half instead of the 12 required (don't quote me exactly on cakues given)
Plenty more, but let's us not get into that, this is the ems forum, not fire

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Meant to say
Exact values given*

aq40

Forum Crew Member
Upper 12xx off the 3024 exam, I was the highest person in my group when we took the physical early February. Haven't heard back ever since but I'm sure another 50 something just took their physical over the last few weeks. So the physical part may be done for all the 3024 but roughly about 200 haven't even gotten interviewed, medical or pysch as of yet.

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant
Yea i think people that are like 1200 still have only gotten there physical letters so idk if they would all make the june class

I would have figured the would have blown through that list after l losing over 800 guys to the fire academy. September still looks good though thankfully.

axpbob

Forum Crew Member
Checking In

Exam 3024 List #92*

I completed my PA in Nov.2013, I did the interview in Jan 2014 and my psych exam Feb 2014 and a week later of Feb 2014 I did the Medical.. So now I am just waiting do they let you know if you passed the Psych and Medical or if you never hear from them you failed....

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Exam 3024 List #92*

I completed my PA in Nov.2013, I did the interview in Jan 2014 and my psych exam Feb 2014 and a week later of Feb 2014 I did the Medical.. So now I am just waiting do they let you know if you passed the Psych and Medical or if you never hear from them you failed....

the doctor doesn't let you know on spot Whether you passed or not?

phoppey

Forum Crew Member
Exam 3024 List #92*

The dr should have told you if your qualified or not qualified before you leave

Last edited by a moderator: