FDNY EMS Candidates

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Let me start by saying I am not familiar with the standards for EVOC. If you are correct and driving isn't a requirement of the standards I would think it would count. I got the 5 points for EVOC and all I did was scan in my completion certificate from the course. My EVOC was just called EVOC though. The course looks like it is only $25. I would say it is worth a shot. If you don't have EVOC or any 911 experience and get the base score of 70 on the "exam" then you definitely will be at the bottoms of the list. I got a 75 because I didn't have any NYC 911 experience just the EVOC and I was in the early 300's. I know other people that got a 75 and were in the 600-800s.

I've been riding as an aide on a volunteer 911 ambulance for about 6 months and 6 months before that I was part of a volunteer fire dept/EMS service, but sadly they only give you 5 points if you do it after you get your card not before.

So when your taking the EMS CIVIL EXAM, you have to scan in and attach all the documents? Or just provide your EMT # and EXP ? I have my # and EXP but I do not have the card on hand yet?

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
Ah I'm about to go to Florida ahah

I'm not sure if you can just "sign up" here

Everywhere in Florida requires you to have your EVOC before you even apply. Well everywhere around central Florida where I was. The job market is rough down there. Good luck.

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
I've been riding as an aide on a volunteer 911 ambulance for about 6 months and 6 months before that I was part of a volunteer fire dept/EMS service, but sadly they only give you 5 points if you do it after you get your card not before.

So when your taking the EMS CIVIL EXAM, you have to scan in and attach all the documents? Or just provide your EMT # and EXP ? I have my # and EXP but I do not have the card on hand yet?

To be honest I can't remember. For some reason I am thinking you just enter your cert numbers. Someone else on here remembers I am sure. Jpat?

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Who has a better chance of being called in sooner/first.

Someone who took the 2013 exam and received 70 points
or
someone who took the 2014 exam and received let's say 90 points.

I am guessing the person with the 70 would still be ahead of everyone who will take the exam next year?

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
Who has a better chance of being called in sooner/first.

Someone who took the 2013 exam and received 70 points
or
someone who took the 2014 exam and received let's say 90 points.

I am guessing the person with the 70 would still be ahead of everyone who will take the exam next year?

Yes, they exhaust one list before they move to the next list.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Yes, they exhaust one list before they move to the next list.

OH, Thanks, so even if I get 70 and I am on the bottom of the list, They will still call me in for the physical, medical etc? before moving onto the next list? except that I will have a longer waiting time compared to someone who has 90 or some other higher point than me

thank you

phoppey

Forum Crew Member
OH, Thanks, so even if I get 70 and I am on the bottom of the list, They will still call me in for the physical, medical etc? before moving onto the next list? except that I will have a longer waiting time compared to someone who has 90 or some other higher point than me

thank you

yes, exactly

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Do you guys know if during the Civil service exam, do they only ask for your EMT # and Exp date or more info on the EMT CARD? Because I have my EMT # and EXP but i do not have the physical card in hand, thank you

JRellsz

Forum Crew Member
Do you guys know if during the Civil service exam, do they only ask for your EMT # and Exp date or more info on the EMT CARD? Because I have my EMT # and EXP but i do not have the physical card in hand, thank you

Just those two pieces of information. You can do it online. You have a week left until the filing period ends

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Just those two pieces of information. You can do it online. You have a week left until the filing period ends

Thanks man. Appreciate it

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Hi Guys, I had a question.
I just filled out the Civil exam, and I had a few questions, the place where I put in my EMT card and my drivers license, I see I can put a max of 6 certifications/licenses, so I did, but I have plenty more, where would I be able to put all my Fema's, ARW's and a couple of other ones?

Or do you just put the top 6 that you have?

Thanks, oh and PS, I see I can edit all the information until the 24th and then the application gets send out?

Thank you so much guys

JRellsz

Forum Crew Member
Hi Guys, I had a question.
I just filled out the Civil exam, and I had a few questions, the place where I put in my EMT card and my drivers license, I see I can put a max of 6 certifications/licenses, so I did, but I have plenty more, where would I be able to put all my Fema's, ARW's and a couple of other ones?

Or do you just put the top 6 that you have?

Thanks, oh and PS, I see I can edit all the information until the 24th and then the application gets send out?

Thank you so much guys

you wont really get any points for any of the additional things unless its the hazmat thing or evoc

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
you wont really get any points for any of the additional things unless its the hazmat thing or evoc

I put down CEVO, I had a friend who put down CEVO and was able to get 5 points, weird because they ask for EVOC, not CEVO

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
I've filled out the exam application, would you guys know if the confirmation email is send out right after you finish or on the 24th when the application goes through? Thanks a lot

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
I've filled out the exam application, would you guys know if the confirmation email is send out right after you finish or on the 24th when the application goes through? Thanks a lot

You will receive a confirmation letter in the mail after the deadline is over.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
So its normal that I can edit the application until the 24th?

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
So its normal that I can edit the application until the 24th?

I dont remember. But I think once you submit it then its final. .. I would get it finished and submit it. You dont want to procrastinate about the application. Just look it over very thoroughly and submit it. But if theres an option where you can edit it until deadline I wouldn't mess around with it and keep editing it because you dont want to risk messing up and having the deadline come and not being able to do anything about it