EMTLife.com February Contest!

OP
OP
MMiz

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Here is my horrible excuse:

I tallied all the results and was going to wait until I got back to school to enter them into the spreadsheet and pick the winner. I got back to school a couple of days ago, set up the computer yesterday, and then realized I have a thesis due tomorrow (in a couple hours actually).

I pulled an all-nighter, have 547/1500 words done on my essay.

THE RESULTS WILL BE POSTED SOON, REALLY! I really am sorry about the delay, and realize I'm not being all the "community leader I can be", but I'll get it done!

Thanks for understanding :) :unsure: :(

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by MMiz@Mar 14 2005, 06:14 AM
realized I have a thesis due tomorrow (in a couple hours actually).

On what?

The Story of How Blue, the Nerd, Died.

I was a total nerd in high school. TOTAL. Not exactly Einstein; sort of like Jr. Einstein, mixed with that gravity theory guy (apple fell from a tree); Only a first aid kit fell and hit me on the head. My parents said I needed to get out more, I said why... I have a room with two computers and I just discovered this place where I can talk to other nerds from all over the world (Yahoo Chat). They didn't like this idea, said they were all serial killers. :huh: Um.. Okay. I could always go to the barn and rearrange my collection of first aid boxes on the wall. But the last time I did that, it required a tetnus shot. I read all the emt books, first aid texts, and medical crap I could find, I just had to wait two years to use it.

So I get done reading this huge 800 page book that I was writing a report on, just for the hell of it, it's the middle of JULY. I really got into the whole french revolution, battle of the nile and exiled french nobility thing. I was walking down main street with the nerd squad thinking of something to do. And something popped on. No, not a light bulb... The fire whistle blew, nearly scared the crap out of me. Here comes my father driving by with his red light on, told me to have fun... So after watching them put out a brush fire I knew what I could do. No, not become an arsonist... The nerd squad became the Nerdy junior fireman squad; two years later the nerd squad became the Nerdy EMT squad.. and so on. Now the nerds weren't useless. No more heads filled with useless information that was drilled into out brains b/c we'd "need to know it in the real world"... Nor did we spend countless summer days walking along the rail road tracks marking and measuring when the track gauging was a 16th of an inch off. Small town, there wasn't much to do. Becomming an EMT marked the end to nerd-ism. B/c the year I took the test, :eek: I failed Trig... :eek:

And that is how blue the nerd died.

There for. I could bribe you by writing the paper for you :p *kidding*.

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Originally posted by Blueeighty8@Mar 14 2005, 08:24 AM

So I get done reading this huge 800 page book that I was writing a report on, just for the hell of it, it's the middle of JULY.
Yup!...you were a nerd. :D

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Did you use cloth or silk tape to hold your glasses together? :blink: ;)

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by Chimpie@Mar 14 2005, 10:31 AM
I was blessed with *perfect* eye site. I was always the first to find Waldo. :p

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by Chimpie@Mar 14 2005, 10:31 AM
I use Transpore.

Jon

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon+Mar 14 2005, 02:11 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MedicStudentJon @ Mar 14 2005, 02:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Chimpie@Mar 14 2005, 10:31 AM
I use Transpore.

Jon [/b][/quote]
:D I used that to hold my sun glasses together after an unfortunate, mid-shirt compartment opening too fast incident. I survived but the glasses were declared dead at the end of the shift.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by MMiz@Mar 14 2005, 06:14 AM

I tallied all the results and was going to wait until I got back to school to enter them into the spreadsheet and pick the winner. I got back to school a couple of days ago, set up the computer yesterday, and then realized I have a thesis due tomorrow (in a couple hours actually).

THE RESULTS WILL BE POSTED SOON, REALLY! I really am sorry about the delay, and realize I'm not being all the "community leader I can be", but I'll get it done!

I'm glad I'm not holding my breath, because I would be VERY hypoxic by now. :lol: :D

Jon

OP
OP
MMiz

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Update:

I have no excuse, except that things aren't really going as planned. Right now I'm going to go to sleep, wake up at 2:30, and then go into work until 5 PM.

I know I've let many of you down with my total lack of respect for this contest, but I really do feel bad about it, and will have the results on Sunday. Its not that I don't care about EMTLife, but unfortunately I've had some pesonal issues arise that have taken up significant portions of my time. I don't have any excuses, and will "get 'er done."

I know I may have lost respect from quite a few of the members, and really do feel crappy about it. I'm trying my best right now to balance a lot of things, and right now, as you can see, it isn't always working out.

I'll be back on Sunday, with a great "Did that just happen story," and if nothing happened, I'll make an amazing one up. :D

Thanks for your understanding and support :)

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon+Mar 18 2005, 10:19 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MedicStudentJon @ Mar 18 2005, 10:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MMiz@Mar 14 2005, 06:14 AM

I'm glad I'm not holding my breath, because I would be VERY hypoxic by now. :lol: :D

Jon [/b][/quote]
I had a guy who tried to kill himself by holding his breath, f*tard... He held his breath for six hours, by means of keeping his mouth tightly closed, and breathing through his nose. Because he thought air went in one nostril, and out the other and not into his lungs. He said that he stopped and was talking to his neighbors cow, and she told him that he could do that. Then she asked him on a date. Then he called 911 because he thought evil little gnomes were in side of him controlling his internal computer. Ya know, he hears this beeping in the morning, he thought the government took out his brain and put in a computer. Not just any computer, an Apple, that's why he wasn't compatible with other people.

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
I still love you Matt. :wub:

Summit

Critical Crazy
Originally posted by Blueeighty8@Mar 19 2005, 02:44 AM
I had a guy who tried to kill himself by holding his breath, f*tard... He held his breath for six hours, by means of keeping his mouth tightly closed, and breathing through his nose. Because he thought air went in one nostril, and out the other and not into his lungs. He said that he stopped and was talking to his neighbors cow, and she told him that he could do that. Then she asked him on a date. Then he called 911 because he thought evil little gnomes were in side of him controlling his internal computer. Ya know, he hears this beeping in the morning, he thought the government took out his brain and put in a computer. Not just any computer, an Apple, that's why he wasn't compatible with other people.
too freakin funny

coloradoemt

Forum Asst. Chief
Originally posted by Blueeighty8@Mar 20 2005, 04:52 PM
I bet the winner is Colorado!

:D
well I do not know about all that??? :D

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by Blueeighty8@Mar 19 2005, 02:44 AM
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

The stuff people come up with.

I guess I shouldn't mention that Sunday has come and gone?

Jon

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon@Mar 22 2005, 11:11 PM

The stuff people come up with.

I guess I shouldn't mention that Sunday has come and gone?

Jon
As long as there will continue to be crazy or dumb people, bad drivers and drug dealers; we will still have jobs. And currently, the region does not seem to be lacking either.

Tuesday has also. But thats okay, I'll have something to do other than log on.. Snow. They anticipate 12-14" of snow in the next 18 hours here on the mountain, at least the ski slope owners will be happy. B*****ds :angry: I hate snow.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
It is raining like cats and dogs here. Our resident mallard couple were out for a swim in my parking spot earlier today, here at work.

It is VERY nasty here.

Jon

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon@Mar 23 2005, 12:28 PM
It is raining like cats and dogs here. Our resident mallard couple were out for a swim in my parking spot earlier today, here at work.

It is VERY nasty here.

Jon
It is here too. I turned down an offer for a 3-martini lunch because my flip-flopped foot and I don't like the idea of hobbling around in the freezing rain. :(

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by rescuecpt+Mar 23 2005, 12:35 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rescuecpt @ Mar 23 2005, 12:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MedicStudentJon@Mar 23 2005, 12:28 PM

It is VERY nasty here.

Jon
It is here too. I turned down an offer for a 3-martini lunch because my flip-flopped foot and I don't like the idea of hobbling around in the freezing rain. :( [/b][/quote]
a lunch OF 3 martinis, or a Lunch WITH 3 martinis, or 3 martinis to be consmed with the other comestables.

Jon