EMT basic

MsThomas94

Forum Probie
how much do you make as an EMT b? If you don't mind me asking. Please put ur state and salary. I live in Maryland and I hear it's $20 starting out

Thanks

LanceCorpsman

Forum Lieutenant
how much do you make as an EMT b? If you don't mind me asking. Please put ur state and salary. I live in Maryland and I hear it's $20 starting out

Thanks

About $13 in Oregon. $20 for a basic seems a little over the top. I know a lot of places dont even pay medics that well.

OP
OP
M

MsThomas94

Forum Probie
image.png

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Anywherr from 7.50 to 13 in various places in NM and TX

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe

Thanks

You have to understand that for most systems, the salary is hardwired to the location itself. For example, if the location is relatively lucrative, expect labour market oversaturation and, as a result, lower wages. The opposite applies. It's a simple matter of supply vs demand.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
You have to understand that for most systems, the salary is hardwired to the location itself. For example, if the location is relatively lucrative, expect labour market oversaturation and, as a result, lower wages. The opposite applies. It's a simple matter of supply vs demand.
And in some areas, that even applied to different types of ambulance jobs. I know out here, 911 jobs generally pay less than IFT jobs

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Or that $21 an hour may be the VALUE of your total benefits package per hour....just saying, they could be marketing rather unscrupulously.

But I would not be surprised if it were an actual hourly wage....have you seen what it costs to live in DC? If not spending it all on rent you certainly will spend it all on commuting.

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
Or that $21 an hour may be the VALUE of your total benefits package per hour....just saying, they could be marketing rather unscrupulously.

But I would not be surprised if it were an actual hourly wage....have you seen what it costs to live in DC? If not spending it all on rent you certainly will spend it all on commuting.

Hear, hear. Why can't people just accept the simple fact that an 8 college units worth of education just isn't enough to get paid more than *slighly* over the minimum wage.

LanceCorpsman

Forum Lieutenant
Hear, hear. Why can't people just accept the simple fact that an 8 college units worth of education just isn't enough to get paid more than *slighly* over the minimum wage.

That is kind of ridiculous. I know a lot of places where Medics make nowhere near that much.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
That is kind of ridiculous. I know a lot of places where Medics make nowhere near that much.
maybe they are underpaid, and should quit those jobs and move to areas that are higher paying.

As an aside, wages will NOT go up as long as people are willing to accept low wages. That's the basics of supply and demand. Only when people refuse to work the low wages will management realize that something needs to be done, and raise wages.

MackTheKnife

BSN, RN-BC, EMT-P, TCRN, CEN