EMS and Relationships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scmedic08

Forum Probie
Well, that escalated quickly. My wife has never questioned me doing this job. 7 years in fire service working 24/48 and now in EMS she's never had to worry about me and the life of this job. Trust me, she would let me know if she felt a problem. Yes I work long hours, but im also home a lot as well. We joke about it being a vacation away from each other for 24 hours and it is in a way. In a good way. So to each his own, but we chose to make it work, even in the bad times. But from the way your already talking, just end it. I never questioned my wife and she's never questioned me. So your already a step in the wrong direction

Fry14MN

Security Officer/Dispatcher/FR
And what do you do for a living?

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Some posts have been removed. Keep it civil and polite.

EMT2015

Forum Captain
and girl is one of the less attractive girls I've been with. I know I can do better, I've been with some incredible looking women with great families
This right here is a really huge red flag. As a female, I'm siding with the girl on this one. If you feel like you could've done better, you wouldn't have started dating the girl. As a EMT and a FEMALE I take great offense to this statement. Please do the girl a favor is just break up with her, because she needs someone who's supportive of what she does. Not someone who looks at all the negative and is already judging her.

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
*2 pages without getting locked :p
Only a matter of time. I can't imagine that the OP is much more than early 20's at best, which would explain his selfish relationship behavior. I've not done too much dating in the past few years due to family stuff, but I've always had the decency to tell a woman when I don't think it will work. No dragging them along, but I think a lot of that comes with age and experience.

Ewok Jerky

PA-C
Dude if you "get lots of girls" that are more attractive why are you with this one?

In all seriousness, you sound like a very immature, shallow guy. A woman who is trying to get into EMS deserves better than you. Save yourself the heartache and get out know before she breaks your heart. That way you won't know what your missing.

EMT2015

Forum Captain
Dude if you "get lots of girls" that are more attractive why are you with this one?

In all seriousness, you sound like a very immature, shallow guy. A woman who is trying to get into EMS deserves better than you. Save yourself the heartache and get out know before she breaks your heart. That way you won't know what your missing.

Bravo!!! Thank you. This is so true. I've had guys who when they find out I'm an EMT, they usually don't contact me or they tell me that they don't want to date me because I'm never going to be around. I can't wait for people to realize that yes we work in public safety, but that doesn't stop us from having relationships.

Status
Not open for further replies.