Dumbest thing heard on the radio

TreySpooner65

Forum Lieutenant
Is it possible to post audio file? I have a recording of a dispatch for PD to respond to an Osama sighting in Wallgreens.

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
Is it possible to post audio file? I have a recording of a dispatch for PD to respond to an Osama sighting in Wallgreens.

Upload it to youtube, then post it here. I would love to hear it!

TreySpooner65

Forum Lieutenant
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9_by9II85E[/YOUTUBE]

TreySpooner65

Forum Lieutenant
or the oh so popular CHP Merry Christmas:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyPAYYN_TIw[/YOUTUBE]

94H

Forum Lieutenant
or the oh so popular CHP Merry Christmas:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyPAYYN_TIw[/YOUTUBE]

Reminds me of the APB for Santa here at midnight on Christmas....while one of our units was trying to get a patch to the hospital....

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9_by9II85E[/YOUTUBE]

Oh that's fantastic. I honestly don't know how some of the dispatchers air stuff like that without cracking up. I also like how long it takes the officers to respond cause you know they're sitting in their cars dying laughing.

AlwaysATraumaJunkie

Forum Ride Along
Re: the Osama sighting and the dispatcher not cracking up....she sounds young enough that I can imagine her saying "Who? Oh yeah, that guy?...I thought he was, like, dead?" I swear, they get younger every year!:huh:

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Hey now! You'd probably make fun of me too if you knew how young I am. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

TreySpooner65

Forum Lieutenant
Last edited by a moderator:

Raffie

Forum Probie
Two weeks on the job, and this is what I get

Dispatch: Rescue 117?

Me: Rescue 117, go ahead.

Dispatch: Report to xxxx herpderp st, for 52 y/o male with uncontrollable bowel movements.

Me: ....Uncontrollable bowel movements?

Dispatch: You know...uh he has diarrhea, and he can't control it (in the background..."EXPLOSIVE diarrhea!!")

Lord, we couldn't stop laughing lol.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Heard today at around 2030 for a crew that was set to go off duty at 2100

"4-5, call for you, (far away psych facility) going to (Er across the street from far away psych facility) page with further en-route."
"Medcom, 4-5, copy, en-route"

About five minutes passes:
"Medcom, 4-5"
"4-5, go ahead"
"4-5, still waiting on the page or the 'April fool's' "

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
"EMS, EMS, Medic 1 requested at 124 "Road in next county" for a man fallen"
We start looking over maps and finally call dispatch and the conversation goes like this
Medic 1, dispatch"
"Dispatch, go ahead"
"yea, dispatch, so directions to this call are, drive 80 miles south down 285, passing through Next Town on the way, driving right in front of Next County's EMS building, then turning left to "Road in NExt County"?"
"Dispatch, medic 1, that's affir... Er.... I guess I should pass this call on to NExt County EMS?"
"Medic 1, Thats probably a good idea. NExt time there's this wonderful invention called a map!"

Veneficus

Forum Chief
"EMS, EMS, Medic 1 requested at 124 "Road in next county" for a man fallen"
We start looking over maps and finally call dispatch and the conversation goes like this
Medic 1, dispatch"
"Dispatch, go ahead"
"yea, dispatch, so directions to this call are, drive 80 miles south down 285, passing through Next Town on the way, driving right in front of Next County's EMS building, then turning left to "Road in NExt County"?"
"Dispatch, medic 1, that's affir... Er.... I guess I should pass this call on to NExt County EMS?"
"Medic 1, Thats probably a good idea. NExt time there's this wonderful invention called a map!"

Joke's on you, dispatchers can't read. :)

I am in rare form extending my April fools humor because I missed most of the day doing work.

medic156

Forum Ride Along
the other day at work i heard
unit xx to dispatch
dispatch go ahead
unit xx - i think were on scene if you dont hear from us in like 10 minutes um send somebody
dispatch - (laughing in background) um 10-4 unit xx some what on scene

mrswicknick

Forum Crew Member
Still a student so not much good stuff but... my buddy and I got a laugh out of this.

Dispatch: Engine 22 respond to xx at yy
Engine 23: Engine 23 enroute
Dispatch: Negative Engine 23 call was for Engine 22
Engine 22: Got it Engine 22 staying back
Dispatch: No, engine 22 respond, not engine 23

...Jumbled mess of all three talking at the same time...

Dispatch: OK EVERYONE STOP. THERE ARE TOO MANY PEOPLE TALKING ON MY LINE. LETS JUST ALL SHUT UP. Engine 22. Go. Engine 23. Stay... 2 - 3. Your staying. 2 -2. Your going. We clear?!!?

Had to be there but its was great, dispatch got so flustered we just rofled.

Medic2409

Forum Lieutenant
Definitely not the dumbest thing ever heard, but heard this the other day. "Medic B, Medic C, Medic D, Medic E..respond as backup for Medic A, Medic D and Medic E, let us know which one of you gets there first so we can cancel the other"

Kamischke

Forum Probie
not dumb, just kind of funny
one of the emt's at our company messing around

emt: 0-7 to dispatch (loud and slurring voice)
dispatch: (sigh) go ahead 0-7
emt: zerooooo seven's mission is accomplished.. waiting for our next task sirrr
dispatch: ...thank you (name of emt)... standby..

it was funnier at the moment