Dumbest thing heard on the radio

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
For us dispatch gives out the adress and the nature of the call but never the name, we do not have encryption. We will sometimes receive the name in a page or if we call dispatch on a cell phone. We have the option of calling the hospital via radio or via cellphone. Both of which gets recorded. Everyone calls in using the cellphone because it's easier. If for some reason we need to say the patients name over the cellphone to the hospital then we must ask the patient if that is ok with them.

jjesusfreak01

Forum Deputy Chief
No names over the radio here. If the complaint should be kept confidential, the nature of the call is sent to our text pagers and shows on the MDC computer. The hospital doesn't need to know the name either, they'll get it as soon as we walk in the door.

emtchick171

Forum Lieutenant
We had a police chase going on and the dispatcher advised all units were 10-56 (intoxicated) rather than 10-6(busy)

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Address and complaint over the radio. Reports are usually by cell phone but my be called in on a statewide radio network. No names for the most part, occasionally we will give a name over cell phone to start the preregistration process for a STEMI or stroke.

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Cop: "Can we get Fire to bring some gas masks back out here for the body-snatchers?"

Long story.

sirengirl

Forum Lieutenant
(This literally just happened. My unit is a volunteer BLS service with a dedicated lane line. We run 2 rigs 0700 - 1900 and 1 rig overnight. This call comes in at 7:04 after my crew has left; I'm still finishing PCRs and the night team is on a call.)

*tones*
Dispatcher: "what is your emergency?"
Caller: "I need an ambulance to-"
D: "we don't have any units available. Let me give you the number-"
*scuffling as my chief lunges in the dispatch room and hisses at her*
D: "oh! Oh, its 9-1-1."

:rofl:

rmabrey

Forum Asst. Chief
Medic 6 I need you for a priority 6 out of Women's going to (hospital attached directly attached to womens)

Sasha

Forum Chief
Medic 6 I need you for a priority 6 out of Women's going to (hospital attached directly attached to womens)

One of these days I'm going to open a business that builds tunnels from hospitals to the nursing homes that are directly across the street or in the parking lot.

Bullets

Forum Knucklehead
dispatched for local LEO with chest pain since 3, CAD says he says he has acid reflux before but not this long

Unit 10: Radio, eta on ALS?
Radio: 10 no medics were dispatched
Unit 10: Received radio, no medics for chest pain
Radio: 10, land line radio
Unit 10: Not until you get me medics

rmabrey

Forum Asst. Chief
One of these days I'm going to open a business that builds tunnels from hospitals to the nursing homes that are directly across the street or in the parking lot.

That run took over an hour for a 2 minute transport time. It only took that long cause of the stop signs on the campus.

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief
This wasn't a dumb thing I heard, it was more funny than anything else. OK, it was just mildly amusing. :)

Dispatch: "Your patient is breathing."
Medic unit: "OK. That's good."

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Our dispatch was trying to talk to medic 406. Over the radio it sounded like 106. After 3 times the dispatcher changed it up.

"medic Quatro-O-sixo". Then 406 came back with "Medic Quatro-O-sixo go ahead"

Martyn

Forum Asst. Chief
This wasn't a dumb thing I heard, it was more funny than anything else. OK, it was just mildly amusing. :)

Dispatch: "Your patient is breathing."
Medic unit: "OK. That's good."

We got told that on a call to a 93 yr old female fall at home 'Medic XX be advised patient is concious and breathing'...we get on scene and poor old lady was sat in her wheelchair, head tilted back, mouth wide open, pulseless and guess what? NOT BREATHING :wacko:

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
"Medic 123 I show you en route to that traffic collision. Be advised, there's a bunch of people running around, unknown reason."

Sent from my mobile command center

addictedforever

Forum Crew Member
heard a ff/emt say "medic 81 has lifted off" instead of the chopper...dispatch was like "uh...would you repeat that?" we gave him a toy medic with chopper rotors on it later ;)

DESERTDOC

Forum Lieutenant
...and the baby is 2 knuckles from coming out....

On the MED-NET, while I am driving.

WTF, over!

DaniPhoenix

Forum Ride Along

Ours HAS a tunnel and we still get called. At 4 am. Because they couldnt "spare an aide because they would have to wait with the patient." because you are busy doing.... What exactly?

addictedforever

Forum Crew Member
Ours HAS a tunnel and we still get called. At 4 am. Because they couldnt "spare an aide because they would have to wait with the patient." because you are busy doing.... What exactly?
they pro'ly tho't they couldn't spare an aide, because if they are like either of the nursing homes i worked at...they're already maxed out at night...if you're allowed to have 25 residents per aide on noc, that's what we had, sometimes more than that...so even tho' it seems like they wouldn't have anything to do, when you have 25-30 residents your responsible for, it takes a while to do rounds and you have to be there all the time in case something happens...which it usually does in threes

DaniPhoenix

Forum Ride Along
they pro'ly tho't they couldn't spare an aide, because if they are like either of the nursing homes i worked at...they're already maxed out at night...if you're allowed to have 25 residents per aide on noc, that's what we had, sometimes more than that...so even tho' it seems like they wouldn't have anything to do, when you have 25-30 residents your responsible for, it takes a while to do rounds and you have to be there all the time in case something happens...which it usually does in threes

they had at least one aid and 2 nurses.. and I'm pretty sure the hospital employs a porter or 5, though perhaps they don't work nights. anyways.