Dumbest thing heard on the radio

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
2)me-radio can use advise further on the location
radio-look for the cedar trees...:unsure:

Lol. Love it. Here is mine from the other day:

Paged to a possible stroke at 1234 County Road 123, letter designator G. On scene could not find G as nothing but A and C were marked.

Me: Control, 805.
Dispatch: Go 805.
Me: You got a residance discription for us, we are not locating that letter designator here.
Dispatch: Ummmmmm........RP states it's a mobile home with junk cars out front.
Me: Erm...yea. That discribes about 90% of the places in this county.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
MedCom: "forty-five, four five, medcom, we've got a call for you coming out of 111 Avenue Street, how copy?"
My partner: "SWAN DIVE!"
MedCom: forty-five, four five, say again, you came in broken..." (with laughter in the background)
Partner: "MedCom, forty five, four five, copy, continue with report."

Said in reference to Old Spice commercial: Questions

EMT711

Forum Ride Along
(Dispatch) Medic 35 Reaspond MVA with Injuries Route**** eastbound in the area of the walmart.

(Medic 35) County From Medic 35 We acknowledge you can show us enroute.

(Dispatch) 2022.

1 minute later

(Dispatch) Medic 35 From Dispatch

(Medic 35) Medic 35

(Dispatch) Be advise Fire Dept on scene Advising 1 female Patient out of the vehicle with a head Injury and one Groundhog Possible DOA

(Medic 35) Thats Recieved County. Did you call the coroner for the Groundhog

(Dispatch) Its Taken Care Of

ochacon80

Forum Crew Member
I don't have a specific occurrence but I know a few times a couple of our dispatches have said patient names over the radios, I cringe every time it happens.

rogersam5

Forum Crew Member
Unit 1: Control, Unit 1
Control: go ahead
Unit 1: we are departing base for an unknown destination
Control: Roger, let us know when you get there

bbenoit1984

Forum Ride Along
unit 36 pumps and quarters (get gas and return) unit 40 pump and quarters unit 007 I have an asap coming your way................................ just joking pumps and quarters

Dispatch give them about 5 seconds to start swearing and hit the dash before she said just joking lol

Sasha

Forum Chief
Hahaha. Dispatch was sending us an hour out of our way to another call after running all night, I keyed up to acknowledge the call right as my partner, unaware that I had keyed up shouts "YOURE KILLING ME DISPATCH!!!!!!" two seconds later "116 landline please."

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
999 on a suspicious shopping cart, 123 S. Main St, in the Grocery Store parking lot....

Best PD dispatch ever.

NADHARMA

Forum Ride Along
2 incidents come to mind...Overheard...

1.) Dispatcher keyed down, unaware, singing hakuna matata (lion king).

2.) (Dispatch)-"Rescue 124".....
(Dispatch)-"Rescue 124".....
(Dispatch)-"RESCUE 124" (Loud/Yell Voice).

(Rescue 124)-"Hello"...( in a confused tone of voice)..

I almost wet myself!!!

slb862

Forum Lieutenant
EMS humor

Our dispatch was located far, far away from our response area, when they would call us for a call, we would piss them off by saying "GOAT-HEAD". I don't know how many times I got called in the office on that one. We kept doing it anyway. Made us laugh!! LOL
:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief
I can tell you something that was heard on the radio on my last day working for a commercial ambulance company... The supervisor's name was William Rogers. On my last day, at the end of my last shift, after getting the "return to base" page, I acknowledged the page over the radio by singing the following, to the tune of the Mr. Rogers TV show theme song:

"It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood / A beautiful day in Mr. William Rogers' neighborhood / It's my last day, here at TransCare... GOODBYE!!!"

Charmeck

Forum Crew Member
Dispatch: "Medic 12, respond to the ER waiting room at (insert name here) Hospital for a fall with injury."

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
At my old private service we had to verbally mark 'transporting' on the radio: one day without thinking I marked 'moving': it got stretched out the next time to 'moooooving' the rest of the day all the trucks were mooing on the radio.

good thing all the supervisors were out of town that day, but it was fun

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
2 incidents come to mind...Overheard...

1.) Dispatcher keyed down, unaware, singing hakuna matata (lion king).

2.) (Dispatch)-"Rescue 124".....
(Dispatch)-"Rescue 124".....
(Dispatch)-"RESCUE 124" (Loud/Yell Voice).

(Rescue 124)-"Hello"...( in a confused tone of voice)..

I almost wet myself!!!

I have done something similar to that when I was in a truck that wasn't my usual. Forgot what unit we were and didn't respond to that trucks number ;)

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
was dispatched once at FD for wheelchair wreck with entrapment: Medic Amb, Engine, rescue: took 6 ff and 2 on amb to get it sorted out and untangled: 85+ y/o pushing a 90 y/o in WC, off 16" high curb, and both were tangled up in it. major mess.

another dispatch to different station for working dog house fire. the electric blanket shorted out and set dog house on fire.

ajisaff

Forum Ride Along
wasn't even my call, just picked it up from an overheard Surrey call.

"Surrey fd, please respond to an MVC at `234 wherever st. - please be advised, there is a language barrier, the vehicle is in the ditch...."

Won't even get into how many times we have had to call that our Equipment hauler need a jumpstart to get to scene, before we got our pretty new rescue truck... sigh...

emt1000

Forum Ride Along
I have heard a couple of funny things on the radio.

unit: Control from unit 4 is the fire department on scene yet?
Control: I don't know, do you see a big truck in front of the house?

Another time, this unit had 3 full arrests in 2 days and none of them came back. The next day they went to work and decided to be funny.

unit: Control, unit 5 is on the air saving lives.
Control: Unit 5, no you aren't.