BLS and ACLS guidelines... what would you change?

Martyn

Forum Asst. Chief
Maybe short the cycle of updating this stuff? Get rid of the ACLS/PALS cards all together and just teach updated practices as they come along. Possibly get rid of Epi. SGA as front line airway control

and my favorite, hands on defib!

They have...from 2015 there will be NO 5 yearly update, updates will be done on an as and when needed basis

Summit

Critical Crazy
No interruption of compressions for defib or SGA/intubation.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
No interruption of compressions for defib or SGA/intubation.
Do you mean defib charging, or actually giving a shock while compressions are happening?

Summit

Critical Crazy
Nobody has monophasic anymore. It is actually safe to touch the patient while defibrillating with pads unless the patient is really wet.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Nobody has monophasic anymore. It is actually safe to touch the patient while defibrillating with pads unless the patient is really wet.
I honestly didn't know that. But I've also never had the wish to touch a patient being shocked

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I honestly didn't know that. But I've also never had the wish to touch a patient being shocked
There was a video on Facebook or YouTube of a doctor doing compressions while delivering shocks. The doctor was hooked up to a monitor as well (or a volt meter) to record any energy transfer.