Are You Serious?!?!

EMSDude54343

Forum Lieutenant
We just had a truck go out of service because one of the crew members came to work without socks!!! Thier reasoning is its supposed to be cold tonight (36F) and they didnt bring socks... this wacko knew it was going to be cold this weekend, and they still didnt bring socks! How can you come to work a 13 hour shift on a truck, and not bring/wear socks!!! Wow the thought process of people still amaze me!
:angry:

JPINFV

Gadfly
That 9% unemployment is going to become 9% + 1.

OP
OP
EMSDude54343

EMSDude54343

Forum Lieutenant
That 9% unemployment is going to become 9% + 1.

HA HA , yea, no. It was the EMS officer for the shift that said they would be out of service to go get some sock from logistics...:rolleyes:
and unemployment where I am is closer to 14% :sad:

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
Um, that is ..... wow!
if it was a "shoot! left my socks at home in the dryer" moment. I can understand a quick run to the dollar store for a pair while still in service.but to not bring them at all. I would have been saying tough beans if a call came in before then . maybe being cold would be a good reminder for the next shift.
edit: if i was boss.

Last edited by a moderator:

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
yeah... that's a personal problem. Nothing precludes a provider from providing patient care sock-less... sorry, in my mind not a reason to go OOS. The EMT/Medic should just find a pharmacy or clothing store, it's not that hard.

OP
OP
EMSDude54343

EMSDude54343

Forum Lieutenant
yeah... that's a personal problem. Nothing precludes a provider from providing patient care sock-less... sorry, in my mind not a reason to go OOS. The EMT/Medic should just find a pharmacy or clothing store, it's not that hard.

My thoughts exactly, and the worst part is they had to go clear across the city to get to logistics, thats a 20-30 min trip depending on traffic. It wouldnt be so bad, but we are so busy we cant keep trucks avail...

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I've gone to the hospital before to get socks. It was after I handed over care of a patient tho.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I hear kerlex could make good socks, not that I know from experience :ph34r: and it kept me warm in ski boots :D

Second thought, idk about you guys but my boots are pretty warm...I wouldn't want to go a whole shift without socks, just think about the smell! No reason to not wait for a lull in calls to nab some from somewhere although we have had a problem with our radios working inside big stores ie walmart, raleys ect. Pagers still work though.

Nerd13

Forum Lieutenant
I would be considered "out of uniform" without socks on. My supervisors would then be twice as grumpy if I pulled something stupid like that.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Eh he could of grabbed a pair of any old socks. Who is going to know?

Funny sock story. Once we took the patient to the airport gate. Had to go through security, remove shoes and all that. My socks didn't match. Only time anyone has seen my socks at work.

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
Am I the only one who is surprised that his agency has a logistics division that is big enough to A) Have its own building and B) Have socks?

OP
OP
EMSDude54343

EMSDude54343

Forum Lieutenant
Am I the only one who is surprised that his agency has a logistics division that is big enough to A) Have its own building and B) Have socks?

I didnt know they issued socks either.:huh:
And we have about roughly 30 als transports and roughly 35 als engines on at a single time, with a coverage area bigger than the state of Rhode Island, so its kinda required that we have a logistics building. But it has all uniforms, ems supplies, fire equip, station supplies, etc.

DV_EMT

Forum Asst. Chief
The EMT/Medic should just find a pharmacy or clothing store, it's not that hard.

I've done that for new T shirts.... pretty epic

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief

This is what I would tell one of my medics. Find a store and buy some. And you're still inservice so make it quick.

Sent from my electronic overbearing life controller

BrushBunny91

Forum Lieutenant
Doesn't everyone carry an extra pair of socks with them? :p

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
A spare pair of socks, underwear, boots, belt and a white tee all live in my car. Why? Because at one time I had 5 pairs of boots/black shoes and four belts from early AM WalMart trips...

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

We don't have socks but we have 3 buildings. Education, Operations, Admin/Logistics.

medic17

EMT-I/99, paramedic student.
I would be considered "out of uniform" without socks on. My supervisors would then be twice as grumpy if I pulled something stupid like that.

I would not be allowed on the rig in the first place without socks for 2 reasons: 1) It would be out of uniform. 2) It would be considered a safety hazzerd ( a pt showing us what he had for lunch the hard way comes to mind :lol:)